Heritage Theatre Bar

farmerrob

During the 2018 Klipsch Pilgrimage, held at the Klipsch Manufacturing Plant in Hope, Arkansas, which my wife and I attended last year, Klipsch Senior Vice President, Mark Cassavant gave a very thorough run-through of Klipsch's sound bars, Bluetooth speaker offerings and headphones in the plant library. One of the featured soundbars was the Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar. This is a very unique soundbar as it is quite large, with a full compliment of LCR drivers and includes a wireless subwoofer. My take on this particular model was such that I kept searching the room for the "surround" speakers! There were none! But, this soundbar was so effective in its ability to "distribute" the illusion of sound being directed from side room areas that one could have sworn that surround speakers HAD to be hidden somewhere within the room. As a longtime Klipsch owner and enthusiast, I was completely impressed with this system's abilities. When placed in the right environment, if a person wanted a good surround system without the hassle of wires and speaker boxes everywhere while also having a setup with a high WAF (Wife Approval Factor), this system is an excellent choice. Be prepared, as this system is also capable of playing quite loud and cleanly. So, it's not too unlike having a room full of separate components. It's simplicity at its finest! And this is coming from someone whose own system is an RF-7 based, 7.1 Klipsch Reference surround system.

Thanks Glenn for the nice detailed review/assessment of your experience. It’s very helpful as I have no showroom here to audition. I’m looking for something along this line and think that it may fit the need. I’m still considering putting rf7iii’s in but I’m also looking at the simplicity and  Waf too. I didn’t know that it came with a subwoofer. 

I hope you and the wife are doing well. My wife just had her knee done she’s doing great!

thanks

During the 2018 Klipsch Pilgrimage, held at the Klipsch Manufacturing Plant in Hope, Arkansas, which my wife and I attended last year, Klipsch Senior Vice President, Mark Cassavant gave a very thorough run-through of Klipsch's sound bars, Bluetooth speaker offerings and headphones in the plant library. One of the featured soundbars was the Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar. This is a very unique soundbar as it is quite large, with a full compliment of LCR drivers and includes a wireless subwoofer. My take on this particular model was such that I kept searching the room for the "surround" speakers! There were none! But, this soundbar was so effective in its ability to "distribute" the illusion of sound being directed from side room areas that one could have sworn that surround speakers HAD to be hidden somewhere within the room. As a longtime Klipsch owner and enthusiast, I was completely impressed with this system's abilities. When placed in the right environment, if a person wanted a good surround system without the hassle of wires and speaker boxes everywhere while also having a setup with a high WAF (Wife Approval Factor), this system is an excellent choice. Be prepared, as this system is also capable of playing quite loud and cleanly. So, it's not too unlike having a room full of separate components. It's simplicity at its finest! And this is coming from someone whose own system is an RF-7 based, 7.1 Klipsch Reference surround system.

Heritage is Klipschorn, LaScala, Cornwall, and Heresy. Anything else is Heritage in Name only. Heritage are speakers designed by Paul W. Klipsch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
On 9/1/2019 at 7:55 AM, picky said:

I never went on the tour last year but heard it earlier and it did sound like you described. It was better than I expected but even with that, it couldn't come close to like what you have with individual speakers but a good way when that idea will not work.

54 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Klipsch marketing department be like..

The bird idea is close, this was big fight, I think they comprised and went with the Heritage inspired idea as a way to not cause a rebellion, sort of. But stuck with the name Heritage, how can it really be Heritage if it's brand new and, if nothing else ? It has wood, and bigger than expected so I guess that's where they got the inspired from.

🦅🐓🐦🦃

32 minutes ago, dtel said:

The bird idea is close, this was big fight, I think they comprised and went with the Heritage inspired idea as a way to not cause a rebellion, sort of. But stuck with the name Heritage, how can it really be Heritage if it's brand new and, if nothing else ? It has wood, and bigger than expected so I guess that's where they got the inspired from.

🦅🐓🐦🦃

You give them far too much credit. They're targeting the "hipster" demographic - young professionals with ample disposable income and a desire to own things which appear "old world," handcrafted, etc - and have attempted to slap the Heritage label and some veneer on anything and everything within their product line in an effort to attract those buyers. There's no inspiration - it's a cash grab on the PWK legacy.

• Like 1

I understand many members hold strong opinions, of which there has been no shortage of expression shown here. That's great. However, I stand by my own opinion, which I clearly expressed. I am not certain if the subwoofer is included. It would of course, need one if it isn't. Yes, "Heritage" is the name Klipsch has chosen to give this bar. It isn't heritage. Get over it. And I don't see the need to begin to pigeonhole members who have questions into age groups, as if to say one group knows more than the other. How petty. This soundbar will never replace the use of actual, individual speaker channels. Duh! I never said it would. And I didn't feel it was important to question the logic in why they were considering a soundbar over separates. It's a simple question: "What did you think when you heard it?" Asked and answered! Period!!

• Like 2

ScrappyDue and I installed one in a local house.  Wasn't my favorite thing ever but of course by definition it's a compromise so it has it's applications.  Regardless, everybody needs to get over the heritage thing, ought to be a settled issue by now.  If Klipsch didn't have these gateway drugs and new ideas, the real Heritage line would suffer greatly.  Instead, it's about doubled in the past year alone.  They know what they're doing and believe it or not it's good for the actual heritage line, aka. heritage classic.  

• Like 2