WTB Chorus II or Cornwall in Phoenix, AZ

Rotobadger

Hello all,

New member here but very active over on Audio Karma. 

I currently have a nice nice pair of recapped Heresy 1s, which I love, but am looking to get a bigger sound and a little more bass. 

I’ve narrowed my search to either the Cornwall or the Chorus II. 

Does anyone have a nice pair in the Phoenix vicinity they’d consider letting go for a reasonable price?

Please contact me with pics, info and maybe a phone number to discuss. 

Thanks much!

Andy

Edited by Rotobadger

Hi Andy - greetings, would a Forte I’s (WO walnut oil) pair be in the consideration set?  I have an available pair that have been Crites recapped & Ti diaphragm tweeters for a reasonable price - picked up an Epic CF-3 set last week and the Forte I’s need a new home. I’m down in Chandler.  If in the consideration set, I can IM you with further details - just a quick ping. Thanks!

4 hours ago, rszoke said:

Hi Andy - greetings, would a Forte I’s (WO walnut oil) pair be in the consideration set?  I have an available pair that have been Crites recapped & Ti diaphragm tweeters for a reasonable price - picked up an Epic CF-3 set last week and the Forte I’s need a new home. I’m down in Chandler.  If in the consideration set, I can IM you with further details - just a quick ping. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!  Right now, I’m really just interested in Cornwalls or Chorus II but will look into Fortes a little more carefully now that that’s an option. I’m in Ahwatukee so you might not be too far from me too. 

I’ll keep you posted but please feel free to message me with couple pics and an asking price. 

Ive never heard the Fortes but read that they’re basically just bigger Heresys, sonically. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, Rotobadger said:

Hello all,

New member here but very active over on Audio Karma. 

I currently have a nice nice pair of recapped Heresy 1s, which I love, but am looking to get a bigger sound and a little more bass. 

I’ve narrowed my search to either the Cornwall or the Chorus II. 

Does anyone have a nice pair in the Phoenix vicinity they’d consider letting go for a reasonable price?

Please contact me with pics, info and maybe a phone number to discuss. 

Thanks much!

Andy

I am in Mesa and have been on the fence about selling my Cornwalls but would do so to a good owner.  They are in much better condition than the ones in Flagstaff, you discussed on this thread.  They were built in 89 and have consecutive serial #s.  The crossovers were rebuilt prior to my purchase but I sent them to Bob Crites (well known around here - google) who sold the upgrade kit.  He tested them and verified they are as good as new.  I also installed new titanium domes for the tweeters but I still have the old ones that I'll include, if desired.  I have some pictures I'll post soon.  If I sell I would want $1,000 firm and you would have to pick up. Full disclosure: one woofer cone is caved but that is only a cosmetic thing and doesn't affect performance in the slightest.  Since it didn't affect performance I decided not to do anything about it, but it looks extremely easy to do.  I have grills for both.  Let me know your thoughts.

11 minutes ago, Coyotes19 said:

I am in Mesa and have been on the fence about selling my Cornwalls but would do so to a good owner.  They are in much better condition than the ones in Flagstaff, you discussed on this thread.  They were built in 89 and have consecutive serial #s.  The crossovers were rebuilt prior to my purchase but I sent them to Bob Crites (well known around here - google) who sold the upgrade kit.  He tested them and verified they are as good as new.  I also installed new titanium domes for the tweeters but I still have the old ones that I'll include, if desired.  I have some pictures I'll post soon.  If I sell I would want $1,000 firm and you would have to pick up. Full disclosure: one woofer cone is caved but that is only a cosmetic thing and doesn't affect performance in the slightest.  Since it didn't affect performance I decided not to do anything about it, but it looks extremely easy to do.  I have grills for both.  Let me know your thoughts.

20190903_124554.jpg