Sound bar and sub not working after tripped breaker.

Fallenangel

My friend has a Klipsch sound bar with a subwoofer. Not sure which one exactly. He had it and his tv on when his landlord came by to pressure wash something outside. 

The pressure washer caused his circuit breaker to trip and he lost power. After it got turned back on, everything worked except his Klipsch.

his tv works fine. His phone charger which was plugged into the same power strip works fine. But his sound bar and sub wont even power on. Nothing. 

Any idea why? Or how to fix it? Usually electronics get fried or blown with a power surge, not a power loss. 

Thanks. 

I'd troubleshoot them individually.

Does either the soundbar or the subwoofer have LEDs indicating power to them? And you're saying neither item powers up?

Have you checked the power strip? Some provide surge protection and may have an indicator showing it is tripped. Or it has a power switch and it's accidentally turned off.

I'd also plug each item into another, known working outlet to prove they're dead.

Report back with the results.

I’ll check tomorrow. Going over there to look at things. 

They were plugged into a power strip, with other things plugged in as well. Everything else works fine. 

I believe they both have led’s indicating power. And neither of them come on. 

He ended up buying a cheaper sound bar the other day and it set up just fine and works. And it’s plugged into the same power strip. 

At the time of the incident, he had his tv on with the sound bar and sub. Afterwards, his TV, bluray player, receiver, and his phone which was plugged into the power strip charging, all came back on and work fine. 

The sound bar and sub are the only things that wont power back on. 

But i’ll look at it tomorrow and see what I can figure out.