Klipsch rf 82 crossover used on Klipsch rf 7 ii's

Sanjin

Hi guys, 

I bought my Klipsch rf-7 ii 's without the crossover / network so I took the ones from my klipsch rf - 82 speakers. It fits perfectly inside the cabinet. And it's sounds good I guess. Sinds I never heard the original ones and Im noob in this I don't know if it's okey to continue using these ones or better buying the original ones. Do I lack on sound quality or something? Can someone please help me out with the answer? Thanks. 

Sanjin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sanjin said:

And it's sounds good I guess.

Surprised it sounds "good," as I would have expected "bad." :)   Actually the RF-7's are supposed to sound much better then the 82's.  Really no comparison ... RF-7 ii's have 10" woofers, 1.75" tweeter, and crossover at 1200Hz ... RF-82's have 8" woofers, 1" tweeter and xover at 1400Hz. So; different components, therefor different crossovers.  Suggest you look for RF-7ii xovers ... pretty sure they will surprise you with amazing sound. :D 

Sorry; "looked around," but did not find any for you :(  Suggest you post a want to buy notice in the Garage section.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sanjin said:

I don't know if it's okey to continue using these ones or better buying the original ones. Do I lack on sound quality or something? Can someone please help me out with the answer? Thanks. 

Sanjin

My biggest concern would be the impedance difference between the two different horn drivers the 7's being an 8 ohm driver and the 82's being a 4 ohm driver which means the crossover point will be off at minimum I'd try and find some original crossovers those are flagship speakers worth a bit of money if correct.

• Like 2

Hi guys, thanks a lot for comments and 'looking around' default_smile.png

I'm happy to hear that it can go even better with the original xovers! And even nessesery because of impendance conflict. I have trouble finding them here in Europe. Speaker exchange shop is great but shipping and import costs (yeah, not even the trade war ones haha) are as high as the product it self. But now I want it more then ever so we'll see. I will try the garage section first and if no luck go for the new one.

Thanks again!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CLT-L29 met Tapatalk