Klipsch RB-81 MKII Placement

Aymen007

Hello,

First sorry I not speak English 

Please my house it's under construction and my room where is my home theater size 4,6m x 5,7m

My equipment is :

Avr : MARANTZ SR7009 
Amplifier : NAD M25 7 CHANNELS
Speakers : KLIPSCH RF7 II - KLIPSCH RC 64 II - KLIPSCH RS 62 II

SUB : Dual SVS PB13 ULTRA

I need your opinion if a need add some speakers and I think buy 2 klipsch RB-81 MKII 

This speakers it's work perfectly in surround or surround back or you advise me to buy atmos speaker it's more efficient to use 7.2 configuration or size my room it's small for add more than 5.2 config 

Please Atmos it's not have biggest list movies work with it and we found most movies use 5.1 and 7.1 sounds... 

Thank you 

I agree with Willland...

Your room is similar in width to mine, and about 1 meter longer than mine. Mine is 4.7 x 4.8m (unfortunately rather square, but I make do). I've gone with a 7.1.2 setup, but that's mostly due to budgetary and practical constraints. I am quite sure my room could handle the extra two Atmos channels for a 7.2.4 configuration, but that would have required me to replace my receiver, purchase an additional power amp for the extra two channels and the in-ceiling speakers I went with don't come cheap either. I'm very happy with my two Atmos channels... for now... 🙂

You are right that most of your collection currently would be 5.1 or 7.1 sound tracks, but I'm seeing more and more Blue-Rays coming out with Atmos now, and if you're buying 4K Blue-Ray's then Atmos is even more common. But also keep in mind that Dolby and DTS's upmixers do a great job of mixing 5.1 and 7.1 into your height channels in my opinion, so the investment in height channels is well worth it, even for non Atmos mixes.

I were you, I'd decide now what you want to end up with (7.2.2 or 7.2.4), then start adding channels as and when your budget allows. And yes, I'd get the rear surrounds if I were you... your room size is not a limiting factor in this regard and I'm happy with my 7 lower channels.

I hope this helps.

Edited by inMotionGraphics
  • Like 1

Thanks for all answer it's helpful 

In your experience rb81 what's is the best position " surround or surround back " and can you give me schema positions for speakers where will be for have the best experience sound and how much distance between my place minimum 

And what's is the best Klipsch Atmos speaker and can you have a guide where I put it 

And Atmos need powerful amplifier or I can connect directly to my AVR Marantz 

Atmos speaker we can listen sound with it only if Movies have track Atmos and every time it's standby or in every 5.1 and 7.1 Atmos will be used with AVR and we can listen sound with it

2 hours ago, Aymen007 said:

In your experience rb81 what's is the best position " surround or surround back " and can you give me schema positions for speakers where will be for have the best experience sound and how much distance between my place minimum 

Generally surround, which is on either side or up to 10 degrees behind the listening position but on the side walls is the first step. And anything from ear level to a foot or so above ear level would be the acceptable height range. I prefer mine above ear level rather than at ear level, but that's up to you and you should experiment and see what works best for you and your room. 

Then when you go from 5.1 to 7.1, you will add the rear speakers (Surround Back) at the same height as your surrounds, but this time on the rear wall. 

I recommend you familiarize yourself with Dolby's speaker layout recommendations and then adjust to your personal preference from there. It's not cast in stone that your speakers must be like this... my lower surround channels for example are higher than they recommend and my rear speakers are not pointed towards the listening position, and my system still sounds great.

7.1.4 Overhead Speaker Placement

7.1.4-overhead.png

You'll find more options here: https://www.dolby.com/us/en/speaker-setup-guides/index.html

Your AVR owners manual should also provide recommendations which will hopefully be similar to Dolby's recommendations.

3 hours ago, Aymen007 said:

And what's is the best Klipsch Atmos speaker and can you have a guide where I put it

I have the PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING speakers, which Klipsch support recommended to me for pairing with the RP and RF7 series, but I've been told that these are limited to installers in the USA, so most people go with the CDT-5800-C II. Use the Dolby Atmos speaker guides page to determine placement, but adjust to what will work in your actual ceiling layout.

And Atmos need powerful amplifier or I can connect directly to my AVR Marantz 

No, Atmos doesn't need a lot of power, and can most certainly be powered directly from your Marantz AVR. Using your NAD to power the front stage and the AVR for the rest should work fine, but just double check with your owners manual as I don't have this receiver or amp...

Atmos speaker we can listen sound with it only if Movies have track Atmos and every time it's standby or in every 5.1 and 7.1 Atmos will be used with AVR and we can listen sound with it

Atmos, DTS-X and Auro 3D all have upmixers that will mix anything from 2 channel stereo up to 7.1 channel mixes to Atmos, DTS-X and Auro 3D, so yes, Atmos can be used with all your sound tracks, and actually works great for this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aymen007 said:

For RB 81 MKII whats is his best position for give best result  
Surround or Surround Back

because i have with it RS 62 MKII

I would place the RS-62 as side surrounds and the RB-81IIs as rear surrounds.

Bill

• Like 1

Hello,

i changed my mind and i buy 4 speakers klipsch rb 81 ii i will use it for atmos speaker and my config will be 5.2.4
whats is your idea this speaker work good with atmos or not

not his role and best position for it its working in surround 
for information i have between the ceiling and my sitting its 3.4 m 

Thanks