The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey D. Medwin

O-Netics 2A3 tube Single Ended Output Transformers LEVEL 3 !!

[eBay link deleted by moderator]  

[Title edited by moderator]

Edited by dwilawyer

I've got a pair of Level 1 for a 300B build that is in the works.  Here is a quote from O-netics that explains the differences...

"Our level one audio outputs will outperform all of the famed "golden age" of audio outputs. Level two outputs add even finer detail to the already astonishing amount of information found in level one devices, due to a core material change. Level three goes all out, with 16 interleaved sectors in place of 10, even thinner high performance dielectric barrier material and extremly small diameter wire strands, woven into Litz type 2 cabling, for all secondary windings. In addition to this the core material is also changed.  We do not use silver or impossible to maintain oxygen free copper winding wire, nickle or amorphous core material, or any of the other popular material driven aids. Instead we utilize commercial materials in subtly different designs with very specific motifs that come from our unique R&D program. Our designs rival and typically exceed the finest devices provided by our esteemed competitors, in information depth, accuracy of placement in a perceived sound field and increased levels of tone and transient color and internal gradient structure."

The prices go up quickly with each level that you go up.  I haven't heard mine yet, but the reports are good.  I was in contact with BudP when I bought them, and he is a very knowledgeable and helpful gent.  

The text portion of the Ebay ad differs somewhat from what I quoted.

[Moderator Comment:  I had to remove the ad because of where it went, so you may need to repost whatever quotes you wish to give them context again.  Your posts were informative and fine, it is only because of where this went]

9 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

[Moderator Removed off topic link, sorry codewritinfool, but wanted to get on track]

That will help you in many nice ways.  I adore owning and using one.

Are you talking about this contraption? [Moderator: I  removed link, your post was a reasoned response to the off topic post you were replying to, I am just trying to save everyone from wasting their time.  I am leaving the reminder of your post.]

What does that have to do with a transformer?  Are you suggesting that if I used one of those things I might be able to hear better?

You have way too much money on your hands if you're shooting lasers up your nose.

9 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

[Moderator removed the off topic reference contained in this post]  

You must be kidding, although unfortunately I know you aren't....

Here we go again on another ridiculous, nonsensical thread. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Are you talking about this contraption?  [link removed]

What does that have to do with a transformer?  Are you suggesting that if I used one of those things I might be able to hear better?

You have way too much money on your hands if you're shooting lasers up your nose.

[Link removed by moderator]

...............Yes that is it.  Its not a contraption. 

What does that have to do with a transformer? 

[Moderator inappropriate personal attack]

[Id.]

Are you suggesting that if I used one of those things I might be able to hear better?  ...................No, not at all.

[Moderator removed off-topic comment] 

[Moderator removed off-topic, and condescending comments.  I would suggest @Jeffrey D. Medwin you take some of the advice you had in here and Study this Forum on how we treat each other, "you may likely grasp that you are" abrasive, and that you are not providing any value to the Forum where people might be willing to overlook this.  I'm not going to take the time to highlight any topics for you, you will either make the effort to exist here or you won't.  "LEARN" what the rules of decorum and civility are].

Have fun, and best wishes.  

Jeffrey Medwin

Grief would be correct, but it’s not good.  Really time for the mods to step in and do something.  His last post is personal and inappropriate for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Are you talking about this contraption?  [Moderator Deleted

]

...............Yes that is it.  Its not a contraption. 

What does that have to do with a transformer? 

" Level Three " was very clearly explained in the eBay ad, third photograph.  But you didn't get it - at all.  That makes me think you might have some attention deficit, or a combination of physical and mental challenges.   Your " Null " photo did not impress me - with you appearing trim and healthy. 

My suggestion was for YOU to study that web site, and consider using a [moderator delete], as one way to improve yourself, over all.  For your own physical and mental benefit.

Are you suggesting that if I used one of those things I might be able to hear better?  ...................No, not at all.

You have way too much money on your hands if you're shooting lasers up your nose..................... if a [delete] prevents you, or me, from having a blood clot, and dying, how much is your LIFE worth to YOU ???

Study the web site additionally, take your time with it, and you may likely grasp the topic better than your first very casual perusal.  Click on each topic I have highlighted for you in yellow, below,  and LEARN what this is and what it does !!

Have fun, and best wishes.  

Jeffrey Medwin

Mr. Medwin,

I'm not the one making outlandish and pseudoscientific claims at every turn, you are.  If you make it your business to state fringe beliefs, you should expect to be challenged.

I have no idea what the "Null" photo you speak of is.  If you mean the "null test" video, that's not me, and that man is neither trim nor healthy, so this seems like you're inferring a personal attack.

I have plenty of challenges in my life.  Saying I "might have some attention deficit, or a combination of physical and mental challenges" IS certainly a personal attack.

I asked a simple question about your so-called "level 3" transformer.  You replied suggesting I purchase a device to improve my health.

I'll take my public apology now, thank you.

15 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Grief would be correct, but it’s not good.  Really time for the mods to step in and do something.  His last post is personal and inappropriate for sure.

+1 This has gone on for far too long and pushed too many boundaries and buttons.

Well I changed my mind, not going to move it, I fixed it.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I handled it.

Well heck you wander off for a bit and miss it all. I was hoping for amusement before I went to the shop today and I am heartbroken I missed JDM's pithy replies.

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

Well heck you wander off for a bit and miss it all. I was hoping for amusement before I went to the shop today and I am heartbroken I missed JDM's pithy replies.

He was advocating nasal lasers.  No, I'm not making that up.