Cornwall Mid problem

Mudmikgree

Ok. will try cleaning some connections and when i pull them apart and  i will measure the resistance across the mids to see if they are around 10ohms (from what I've read). i have them in to a refinishing guy to fix a couple spots and will have them back in a week. I've also read up on some upgrades that can be done to the wiring inside. i have some experience soldering. Should i order parts and rebuild the crossovers myself or just buy new? 

Take a picture of the crossover and drivers before you send them out. Some of those Klipsch cabinets from the early 80's were original series, some were generation two and some were "in between". Write down the values on any capacitors. Refreshing capacitors (and maybe adding  some small by pass capacitors) is straight forward. Re-designing crossovers is more ambitious. There will also be questions on how much money you want to sink into capacitors since the prices can vary dramatically. 

Seriously, before doing that I would first run the diagnostics that many of us had suggested and prepare to take a voltmeter to the task (an inexpensive one will be fine).

Good luck,

-Tom