The Klipsch Audio Community
dwilawyer

Coming Soon!!!! ME Cornwall IV and ME Heresy IV

The Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc (KHMA) which owns and operates the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center and most recently, the Paul W. Klipsch Auditorium above City Hall in Hope, AR, is once again pleased to announce that through the generosity of Klipsch Group, Inc. that we will soon be offering for sale one (1) pair each of the newly introduced:

Cornwall IV and 

Heresy IV

As with the Museum Edition Klipsch Horn (AK-6) and the Museum Edition La Scala (AL-5) these speakers will be limited to one pair each (ONLY), hand crafted in beautiful black limba wood, feature hand matched components by the principal designer all of these products (Chief Bonehead), and will have signed (by Chief Bonehead) Museum Edition  laser engraved plaques.

More information on the Museum Edition Cornwall IV and Heresy IV will be posted here as it becomes available.

To see the Museum Edition Klipschorn (AL-5) have a look here:

To see the Museum Edition La Scala go here:

• Like 4

Is there a way to make the sale of these limited edition speakers (for lack of a better term), "more fair"   to those who might be interested in them?  Perhaps something like a private bid auction or something similar?  Set a base price and then take private PM bids for them for a limited amount of time?  Seems that the Khorns and LS were gone in a flash, and many folks didn't even get a chance at them.  I don't know, just thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Is there a way to make the sale of these limited edition speakers (for lack of a better term), "more fair"   to those who might be interested in them?  Perhaps something like a private bid auction or something similar?  Set a base price and then take private PM bids for them for a limited amount of time?  Seems that the Khorns and LS were gone in a flash, and many folks didn't even get a chance at them.  I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Jim the Klipschorns sold in a day.

The La Scalas were offered in January and I agreed to purchase them May 3rd so everyone had ample time to decide if they wanted to buy them.

PS... I wanted them as soon as I saw them and I thought someone would grab them before my resistance to buy another speaker gave out .... so it’s everyone on this forum fault that I own them now...😄

miketn

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I always value your input on a wide range of topics, whether it be on here, on the phone, or in person.  So you are volunteering to be on the Fundraising Committee with me?

The only auction experience I am familar with is when KHMA Trustee Luther Ward @Wardsweb won a pair of new Heresy III at Pilgramage and he instantly donated them to be auctioned off.  @Trey Cannon served as the auctioneer and they sold for something like $1,300 (as I recall @jimjimbo was the second highest bidder). The purchaser asked if he could get them signed and Jim said he thought he could get that done and he said "you mean on the back" and he said "no, on the tops and sides" and they did.  This was about half of MSRP but was a major boost to KHMA at the time.

As it is, the Board of Trustees charged me with maximizing the percentage of  MSRP of  the standard factory speaker models.  We had been discussing a Museum Edition speaker for some time with add-ons that would maximize value without increasing the donation cost to KGI or the footprint for the factory..  We have to arrange for the custom, one of a kind veener and fabric which the factory installs. Fortunately, thus far, we have done very well with the uniqueness and premium elements of the Museum Editions that their demand commands a very fair price, both for the Museum and the purchaser.  We have, so far, for the Museum Edition demonstrated to KGI that we complement their brand and maximize what they give us to work with.  

I advertised the previous two models (the primary focus of which was on this forum) ahead of the sale date.  I also advertised the price, sale date and time,  and that the first email to my personal email address would get them.  The Khorns sold in less than an hour with two back up offers.  The ME Khorn sold for 25% above the new AK6 MSRP.  The ME LS took about 4 or 5 months after being finished to sell.  The AL5 had an MSRP of $10,000 so we priced them at  20% over MSRP at $12,073 (right about the time we sold them, KGI increased the MSRP price to $12,000 so Mike ended up getting a pretty great deal on those).

Our resident Forum Heritage dealer has stated that to do a custom one off pair of speakers (not a special edition, no ME plaques, no hand matched drivers and crossovers), etc. would be a 30 to 50% factory up charge.  I feel the Museum Edition team has developed a first rate, "Museum Quality" product that a buyer would know is truly one of a kind.

The Museum's revenue comes from Memberships, research revenue,  and sales of donated items like speakers from KGI.  Currently the KGI speaker donations make up a majority of our annual revenue and we need every penny to operate for the year.  On top of that we try to raise money for capital improvement projects such as the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center out at the airport.  We are now ready to start holding major educational events which has always been part of our mission and goals.

The first Education Class will be October 18 and 19 which is open to everyone.  We are hoping to have the new Cornwall IV and the new Heresy IV set up in a good listening room for anyone who wants to give them some critical listening.  We are also hoping to have one if the ME pairs available for sale if someone wants to drive back home with them, but there is a lot up in the air at the moment.

Something else going on at the moment that @dtel's wife will be announcing in more detail this week is that the Board of Trustee's has approved a member give away including a pair of Cornwall III's.  The drawing will be in December and all Members are eligible.  The higher  the level of membership, the more chances to win.  Like I say, Christy will be posting more details on here soon, on Facebook and other places.  Rather

What I would really like is for @jimjimboand many others, to get involved on a Museum Committee like Fundraising, share these good ideas and help put them into action.

We need help on all of our Committees:

Fundraising

Communications

Website

Education

Events

Social Media

Faculties 

Please PM me if you are interested in being on a committee and I will get you connected to the right people.  

Travis, honestly I'm not disputing a single word of what you stated.  I simply offered a suggestion to perhaps make these two new offerings more accessible to a wider group of people, that's all.    Set a base price, a time frame, and then take private bids from there.  Nothing complicated.

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I always value your input on a wide range of topics, whether it be on here, on the phone, or in person.  So you are volunteering to be on the Fundraising Committee with me?

The only auction experience I am familar with is when KHMA Trustee Luther Ward @Wardsweb won a pair of new Heresy III at Pilgramage and he instantly donated them to be auctioned off.  @Trey Cannon served as the auctioneer and they sold for something like $1,300 (as I recall @jimjimbo was the second highest bidder). The purchaser asked if he could get them signed and Jim said he thought he could get that done and he said "you mean on the back" and he said "no, on the tops and sides" and they did.  This was about half of MSRP but was a major boost to KHMA at the time.

As it is, the Board of Trustees charged me with maximizing the percentage of  MSRP of  the standard factory speaker models.  We had been discussing a Museum Edition speaker for some time with add-ons that would maximize value without increasing the donation cost to KGI or the footprint for the factory..  We have to arrange for the custom, one of a kind veener and fabric which the factory installs. Fortunately, thus far, we have done very well with the uniqueness and premium elements of the Museum Editions that their demand commands a very fair price, both for the Museum and the purchaser.  We have, so far, for the Museum Edition demonstrated to KGI that we complement their brand and maximize what they give us to work with.  

I advertised the previous two models (the primary focus of which was on this forum) ahead of the sale date.  I also advertised the price, sale date and time,  and that the first email to my personal email address would get them.  The Khorns sold in less than an hour with two back up offers.  The ME Khorn sold for 25% above the new AK6 MSRP.  The ME LS took about 4 or 5 months after being finished to sell.  The AL5 had an MSRP of $10,000 so we priced them at  20% over MSRP at $12,073 (right about the time we sold them, KGI increased the MSRP price to $12,000 so Mike ended up getting a pretty great deal on those).

Our resident Forum Heritage dealer has stated that to do a custom one off pair of speakers (not a special edition, no ME plaques, no hand matched drivers and crossovers), etc. would be a 30 to 50% factory up charge.  I feel the Museum Edition team has developed a first rate, "Museum Quality" product that a buyer would know is truly one of a kind.

The Museum's revenue comes from Memberships, research revenue,  and sales of donated items like speakers from KGI.  Currently the KGI speaker donations make up a majority of our annual revenue and we need every penny to operate for the year.  On top of that we try to raise money for capital improvement projects such as the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center out at the airport.  We are now ready to start holding major educational events which has always been part of our mission and goals.

The first Education Class will be October 18 and 19 which is open to everyone.  We are hoping to have the new Cornwall IV and the new Heresy IV set up in a good listening room for anyone who wants to give them some critical listening.  We are also hoping to have one if the ME pairs available for sale if someone wants to drive back home with them, but there is a lot up in the air at the moment.

Something else going on at the moment that @dtel's wife will be announcing in more detail this week is that the Board of Trustee's has approved a member give away including a pair of Cornwall III's.  The drawing will be in December and all Members are eligible.  The higher  the level of membership, the more chances to win.  Like I say, Christy will be posting more details on here soon, on Facebook and other places.  Rather

What I would really like is for @jimjimboand many others, to get involved on a Museum Committee like Fundraising, share these good ideas and help put them into action.

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

We need help on all of our Committees:

Fundraising

Communications

Website

Education

Events

Social Media

Faculties 

Please PM me if you are interested in being on a committee and I will get you connected to the right people.  

Okay, I'm ugly crying....no one knows the struggles KHMA has endured, unless you have been with us from the beginning...the working group...18 months....before we ever received our IRS 501C3 non profit designation.  We have done our best to maximize every single dollar and item donated to the museum.  Even during Pilgrimage we received 'pushback' for promoting the museum.  Without PWK and his genius there would be no Klipsch.  If we don't preserve that history, who will.  I am amazed at the number of long time Klipsch fans that aren't even members of the museum.  Is this an attempt to "shame' anyone...no, it's a fact.  Honestly, I was shocked by our initial offering of memberships.  The folks I thought would join as Founders and Khorn members never came through....it was those I least thought would contribute.

We have worked long and hard.  All suggestions are welcome, but what we really need are folks to step up to the plate.  Join as member, join a committee and help us moving forward.  Some of us are just tired.

Some folks on the Executive Committee of the museum may have a problem with this post....I don't care....we need your help and your support.  The choice is yours, you can sit back and "arm chair quarterback" or you can join the team and challenge others to do the same.

If you feel this post is directed at you personally, I'm sorry that is not my intent.  I'm not calling anyone out...I'm just saying "join and help us."

Looking forward to seeing these.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jwc said:

Looking forward to seeing these.  

Well they got your name on 'em JC Pipes.

One or both pairs might be done and ready by the time of the Bonehead Bonanza Education Class in October.  I'm am really glad you and Mark are going to make it.  Looking forward to some critical listening to some speakers, learning how to listen all over again from Roy, curving speakers and drivers in the anechoic chamber, and all the other stuff Bonehead has in store for us.  The floating bar will be there, and lots of very cool stuff in the evenings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

Some of us are just tired.

Possibly too many irons in the fire.  Time to sit back and prioritize what's most important to you and concentrate on that.  Let some of the lesser priorities go.  You'll run yourself ragged trying to do too much.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Jim the Klipschorns sold in a day.

The La Scalas were offered in January and I agreed to purchase them May 3rd so everyone had ample time to decide if they wanted to buy them.

PS... I wanted them as soon as I saw them and I thought someone would grab them before my resistance to buy another speaker gave out .... so it’s everyone on this forum fault that I own them now...😄

miketn

Mike, that's great and I'm glad you got the LS for sure.

Again though, all I'm suggesting is that in order to possibly maximize the revenue, is that there be a small change in the sale format.  If that doesn't fit within  the plans of the powers that be, then fine, just say so.  But please don't chastise the only person that has made a constructive suggestion here.  (not you Mike).  If someone wants to PM me, then great, but don't say you aren't calling anyone out, and then do it and refer to an armchair quarterback.  Cmon, really?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

The folks I thought would join as Founders and Khorn members never came through...

You just have to accept the fact that the things that you are passionate about may be things that not everyone is passionate about and move on.

• Thanks 1

Where’s a link to the museum so that some of us could look at what it takes to be a member
All these years on here and I’ve never come across one
I have no idea how much it is to become a member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Mike, that's great and I'm glad you got the LS for sure.

Again though, all I'm suggesting is that in order to possibly maximize the revenue, is that there be a small change in the sale format.  If that doesn't fit within  the plans of the powers that be, then fine, just say so.  But please don't chastise the only person that has made a constructive suggestion here.  (not you Mike).  If someone wants to PM me, then great, but don't say you aren't calling anyone out, and then do it and refer to an armchair quarterback.  Cmon, really?

She was venting, not at you, she was clear about that.

Seriously, get on my Committee and let's come up with some ideas.  I'm all about maximizing revenue for the Museum, in fact all Trustees and Officers have a fiduciary obligation to maximize revenue, ensure fiscal responsibility of the money, and protect and preserve the artifacts and archives for the public.

I agonized over the pricing of the first two, "is this two low, is this too much."  In the end,  you gather all of the information and make a call.  I spoke with dealers, KHMA Members, Forum Members, and the sales and marketing teams at KGI who had actual experience and data from special editions and limited editions.  These Museum Editions are the first of their kind in recent history, ultra limited edition (1 pair each in this wood), unique features, and they allow our logo and brand to be incorporated into their product.  I was honored they trusted us with their brand and their new product releases, but given the team I had to work with it was.going to be good.

Our Museum Edition Speaker Team are Jim Hunter, Matt Sommers and Roy Delgado.  They work with their contacts at the veener vendor, fabric grille vendor (who all enthusiastically jumped on board when they heard) and they come up with a product and a professional brochure (that hasn't even been built yet) and say here you go.  They have nearly a hundred years of combined experience in engineering, building, assembling, packaging, marketing and selling Klipsch Heritage Speakers. 

I try to come up with a number that is befitting of how extraordinary these speakers are, however, I know there is always a better way of doing things and I am always open to new ideas.

3 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

The folks I thought would join as Founders and Khorn members never came through...

So there are still unfilled positions?

36 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Where’s a link to the museum so that some of us could look at what it takes to be a member
All these years on here and I’ve never come across one
I have no idea how much it is to become a member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then we need to do a better job of getting the word out, and we will.

@dtel's wife can for sure get you hooked up on that, she is a Trustee, Officer on the Executive Committee and this year's Membership Chair.

You go to

Klipschmuseum.org

Go to "Donate" and then "join" and their are all of the options, regular memberships, sustaining monthly memberships, family memberships.  

It is just $30 to be a regular member ($20 if you are local to Hope), and you have full voting privileges.   Our main thrust this year is to get as many people to join as "sustaining members" which is $10 a month (or $100 annualy in a single payment I believe).  But Christy's team has levels for every budget.

She added a perk for discounts for Bonehead classes, the first is Friday and Saturday Oct. 18 and 19 in Hope.  There is an announcement in the Museum section of the Forum.

She added a perk for giveaways, higher levels more chances, including a pair of Cornwall III that were donated.

We are a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.  Your Membership dues are tax deductable to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS.  So is the tuition for the first class.  As always, consult your tax advisor for full details.

As I mentioned before, we also need volunteers to be on the Committees.  We can't afford to hire people to do building improvements, repairs, etc. so we have volunteer work weekends in Hope, we have Committees where all you need is a phone and a computer.

Thanks for asking by the way.

16 minutes ago, jwc said:

So there are still unfilled positions?

Yeah I have a position I'm appointing you too when you get to Hope in October.

Oh by the way, Christy has a thing she is starting where children are free , under 18 I think (non-voting of course). 

On 9/4/2019 at 11:17 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I do like the museum's logo. Props to whoever put that together.

The Renaissance Man, Matt Sommers, Creative Director for KGI, KHMA Trustee, and Chair of Social Media Committee.

He did the Museum Edition Klipschorn AK-  6 brochure, he writes, produces and directs the cool Klipsch videos, photographer, graphic artist.  He says he is a "Klipsch Lifer."

If I hand him a rough draft of something he hands me back a diamond,  over, and over again.  He is one of the most talanted and creative people I have ever met.

• Like 1