Museum Edition Heresy IV Auction SOLD

• Moderators

SOLD AUCTION (FEB. 4, 3PM CENTRAL) KLIPSCH HERESY IV®  MUSEUM EDITION – ONE PAIR ONLY SOLD

Klipsch Heresy IV is the all-new model and the Museum Edition is unique.

HOW TO PURCHASE

For the first time, we will be offering these special Museum Editions using an auction format during Klipsch's live stream Listening Lounge event on Thursday, Feb. 4th at 3PM Central time (4PM Eastern) in order to maximize the benefit for the Klipsch Museum of Audio History.

To own this exquisite set of ultra-premium loudspeakers, please tune in to the Listening Lounge on the Klipsch Facebook and be prepared to make your bids in the live chat stream during the event. If you are unable to attend you can give your proxy to have a Museum Trustee bid on your behalf by making by sending and email to museumeditions@klipschmuseum.org with your commitment to purchase and your maximum bid amount.

Link to the Specification Sheet for the All-New Heresy IV click here: Heresy IV Floorstanding Speaker Spec Sheet 

MUSEUM EDITION HERESY IV UNIQUE FEATURES 

image.png

EXTREMELY LIMITED to only ONE Unique Pair

• Museum Edition Hersey IV Series I: S/N 001 and 002
  • The Museum Edition Klipschorn pair sold in less than ONE HOUR for $18,573 (regular retail price of $15,000), with backup offers, the Museum Edition Cornwall IV recently sold $8,000 (regular retail price of $6,000).

This Heresy IV pair will have Museum Edition-only features, Including:

• Exclusive Museum Edition Series I exotic "one of a kind" black limba wood veneer
  • Special Museum Edition grille fabric specially matched to veneer
  • Hand selected and specially matched drivers and crossovers by Chief Engineer and KHMA Trustee, Roy Delgado, Jr. (“Chief Bonehead”)
  • Museum Edition metal plaques    
  • Special Museum Edition grille fabric specially matched to veneer
  • Hand selected and specially matched drivers and crossovers by Chief Engineer and KHMA Trustee, Roy Delgado, Jr. (“Chief Bonehead”)
  • Museum Edition metal plaques
  • Hand signed by the Chief Bonehead, acoustic engineer responsible for the all-new Klipschorn AK-6, La Scala AL-5, Cornwall IV   

image.png.43f6e340e47e8fc9db2e57df63a002b7.png

(Photo Courtesy of The Renaissance Man)

As with all speakers in the Klipsch Heritage line, these Museum Edition speakers were hand-assembled and hand-finished by the craftspeople at the Klipsch factory in Hope, AR, with pride.

All proceeds from the sale of these speakers will go to the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc. (KHMA) which operates the Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, Arkansas. Your purchase of these speakers directly helps us continue preserving and sharing the scientific work and cultural legacy of audio pioneer Paul. W. Klipsch. KHMA dba Klipsch Museum of Audio History is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation.

image.png

imagejpeg_0(7).jpg

imagejpeg_0(5).jpg

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg

• Like 7

Is there a way to make the sale of these limited edition speakers (for lack of a better term), "more fair"   to those who might be interested in them?  Perhaps something like a private bid auction or something similar?  Set a base price and then take private PM bids for them for a limited amount of time?  Seems that the Khorns and LS were gone in a flash, and many folks didn't even get a chance at them.  I don't know, just thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Is there a way to make the sale of these limited edition speakers (for lack of a better term), "more fair"   to those who might be interested in them?  Perhaps something like a private bid auction or something similar?  Set a base price and then take private PM bids for them for a limited amount of time?  Seems that the Khorns and LS were gone in a flash, and many folks didn't even get a chance at them.  I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Jim the Klipschorns sold in a day.

The La Scalas were offered in January and I agreed to purchase them May 3rd so everyone had ample time to decide if they wanted to buy them.

PS... I wanted them as soon as I saw them and I thought someone would grab them before my resistance to buy another speaker gave out .... so it’s everyone on this forum fault that I own them now...😄

miketn

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 9/4/2019 at 11:17 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I do like the museum's logo. Props to whoever put that together.

The Renaissance Man, Matt Sommers, Creative Director for KGI, KHMA Trustee, and Chair of Social Media Committee.

He did the Museum Edition Klipschorn AK-  6 brochure, he writes, produces and directs the cool Klipsch videos, photographer, graphic artist.  He says he is a "Klipsch Lifer."

If I hand him a rough draft of something he hands me back a diamond,  over, and over again.  He is one of the most talanted and creative people I have ever met.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You obviously didn't have your camera with you.

Have you picked drivers and crossovers networks for them yet?

Travis

FYI..... for anyone who might be interested in these museum edition loudspeaker systems while also helping support the Museum I wanted to highlight the hand selecting and matching of drivers and networks.

While spending time with Roy at the Chief Bonehead Class gathering we were talking about the La Scala AL5 Museum Edition I own and if I remember correctly he told me he matched the drivers and networks to within 1/4 dB.

These museum edition loudspeakers really are very special one of a kind treasures to own and enjoy..!!! 👍🙂

miketn

@Chief bonehead please correct me if I remembered incorrectly. 🙂

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

FYI..... for anyone who might be interested in these museum edition loudspeaker systems while also helping support the Museum I wanted to highlight the hand selecting and matching of drivers and networks.

While spending time with Roy at the Chief Bonehead Class gathering we were talking about the La Scala AL5 Museum Edition I own and if I remember correctly he told me he matched the drivers and networks to within 1/4 dB.

These museum edition loudspeakers really are very special one of a kind treasures to own and enjoy..!!! 👍🙂

miketn

@Chief bonehead please correct me if I remembered incorrectly. 🙂

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He told me way back when he had selected them for both the AK6 and the AL5, but he didn't elaborate what all he was doing to get them Chief Bone-asized or the extent of the Boneazation process. He just kept mumbling stuff about "they should look and sound like they belong in a museum" and "tractrixically speaking I would say that . . . ."

Mike is correct, 100% of the sales proceeds go to the Museum, less the cost of bullet proof crating, in some cases special shipping arrangements, and special insurance we purchase. We prefer checks over credit cards in order to maximize every dollar to the Museum. The wood vendor for KGI, thus far has thrown their support behind this project by donating to the cause the special wood veneers that we would normally eat into our return; and Duracrest stepped up and went out and purchased and commissioned special fabric just for the ME's specifically for that particular wood. KGI tries to save scrap plywood so that Jim Hunter can build the crates at no expense. Then there a dozen more that helped in so many way. Cory for example, said we could advertise on his social media when it was clear that "our" product was competing with his potential Heritage customers.

In the last decade or so I think Capitol Records is the only other outside company that been officially co-labeled with a Klipsch Heritage speaker model. I have said it before, but it bears repeating, the Museum was truly honored to be entrusted with partnering with KGI in creating an official speaker. Roy, Jim and Matt have put a lot of time into this concept hoping for a true win-win, maximize funds for the Museum while providing the purchaser with something extra, extra special and a lot of enjoyment. 

I am sincerely glad you are enjoying yours Mike.

Travis

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, salbake said:

Is the color of those photos pretty accurate or no? The grills almost look purple-ish/red-ish?

The African Limba veneer and Brown Grille Cloth are so beautiful in person and pictures are hard to take that captures the true beauty of them.

Here are pictures of my Museum LaScala to try to give anyone interested a better representation of the color of the veneer and grille cloth which is Brown if its the same as mine which I believe it is.

Travis ... I don’t want to distract from your thread so please feel free to remove this post later if you like since I’m just trying to give others interested in these Museum Edition Cornwall lV a good representation of what they can expect until better pictures of them can be posted by you.

miketn

F91649D6-A34B-41B5-869B-140A1398AEEA.thumb.jpeg.726e7d81a26a46150d260e07092d2269.jpeg

A553FB40-2EC3-4992-BBAE-5732438E56C2.thumb.jpeg.948336a579ad2c72d2e200b946a35333.jpeg

4BCF3DAD-FCFA-43F2-A4BF-01C6EFEF5EA4.thumb.jpeg.70dda55c4bcd59a16ae0db5f60470144.jpeg

089F0DB5-4E8B-40F7-A541-8E05233E9742.thumb.jpeg.5cd51ea92677c1bfe45035a53245b610.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, the Heresy IV Museum Editions are right around the corner. Here is a photo I got today from the factory:

Image.jpeg

(Photo courtesy of Jerry Calhoun)

We should know in the next week to ten days when these will be completed. We will also know if these will be sold like the first three pairs (Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwalls) with a fixed price, or if we will try to do some type of silent auction format, possibly live streamed. Lot of great ideas floating about. I would estimate, regardless of which format we are going to use, they will be up for sale in about 3 weeks, with all of the details announced ten days to two weeks before that.

For those that would like an informal silent auction format please feel free to post your ideas about a format here (or PM me) and I will pass them along.

Travis

On 10/16/2020 at 10:22 PM, dwilawyer said:

@Chief bonehead sent me this photo a couple of days ago, they were going to be finished and a signing party today..waiting for more photos and then approval by the Board on how to sell them. That will happen next Friday.

Travis

1602903778957_imagejpeg_0.jpg

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...