Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
dwilawyer

Coming Soon!!!! ME Cornwall IV and ME Heresy IV

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

He did the Museum Edition Klipschorn AL-5 brochure,

 

Travis I believe you meant AK-6

 

🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Yeah I have a position I'm appointing you too when you get to Hope in October.

 

Oh by the way, Christy has a thing she is starting where children are free , under 18 I think (non-voting of course). 

 

 

Oh boy, eager to find out....I think.

 

So I'm assuming all Founders and Khorn member positions filled.

 

jc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jwc said:

Oh boy, eager to find out....I think.

 

So I'm assuming all Founders and Khorn member positions filled.

 

jc

Yes all of the Founders and Khorns have sold out.

 

That got us started, now we have the Museum, the PWK Education Center and now the PWK Auditorium over City Hall.

 

Now we are looking to build on sustaining membership, at $10, 20, 50 or $100 monthly, any of those would be great as it will give us a steady income stream for operating expenses and we can focus on staring a Building Fund and an Acquisitions fund for artifacts.

 

Lots to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Where’s a link to the museum so that some of us could look at what it takes to be a member
All these years on here and I’ve never come across one
I have no idea how much it is to become a member


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.klipschmuseum.org/membership

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thanks to Thaddeus Smith for posting the link to the museum, I just sent a small donation.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RT FAN said:

 Thanks to Thaddeus Smith for posting the link to the museum, I just sent a small donation.

Thank you so much @RT FAN, that was so cool.

 

Yes, thank you @Thaddeus Smith.  Thad/CJ are you coming to Roy's class?  You need to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not, sorry. Life's just a bit too full for me to pop over for a weekend, so I try to carve out for the Pilgrimage as a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Life's just a bit too full for me to pop over for a weekend

And too far for me but I'd love to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

And too far for me but I'd love to attend.

Ah come on, pick he up in Austin and I will drive you the rest of the way.

 

Send me a PM, we will get you hooked up.

 

Travis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

RMAF? is that heresy 4? 

That is from Roy at RMAF, a CW IV and a Heresy IV.

 

Roy says the port is on the rear of the Heresy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Ah come on, pick he up in Austin and I will drive you the rest of the way.

Perfect.  Turn my 5 hour trip into a 10 1/2 hour one, LOL.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asking, but when is the last time anything was done in Indy?  Events like this one are difficult for most people, that aren't in close proximity to Hope, to attend.  Indy is a 5.5 hour trip for me and though I like going to Hope for the pilgrimage, it's tough to handle more than one trip there in a given year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope they have some competent people doing the setup at RMAF. The Klipsch Forte III setup at Axpona 2019 done by Saturday Audio was a complete joke. Room was stuffed with people who looked very interested, but actually was one the worst sounding rooms there. Totally not the speakers fault. A combination of low quality mismatched gear along with low quality recordings and terrible speaker placement. Saturday Audio ended up costing Klipsch a ton of sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Just asking, but when is the last time anything was done in Indy?  Events like this one are difficult for most people, that aren't in close proximity to Hope, to attend.  Indy is a 5.5 hour trip for me and though I like going to Hope for the pilgrimage, it's tough to handle more than one trip there in a given year.

It has been awhile.  Part of the Museum's Collection is up in Indy at Klipsch HQ which we rotate annually.  The Museum is  looking at doing an event up there with Klipsch for the 75th Anniversary (this is 73 right now, so January after next would be the start of the 75th year but the Museum has much to do to coordinate that with Klipsch.  Me might could look at doing some sort of smaller event up there around the time that we do the Exhibit rotation, have a presentation about what is coming out, what is going in, get Klipsch to do some tours of that facility and their headquarters.

 

There are some extremely talented people who are excellent dynamic presenters up there like Systems Engineer Trey Cannon, Engineer Rob Standley, CEO Paul Jacobs, Jill E., Matt Sommers, just to name a few.

 

In 2024 they have lined up EKLIPSCH,  a total solar eclipse, over 4 minutes of totality, that will travel from Mexico over Hope, Arkansas and then up right over Klipsch Headquarters.  Working on having a real time interlink between Hope and Indy with music blasting, similar to New Years Eve on ABC, only better.

 

I will ask about it Pete.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

I really hope they have some competent people doing the setup at RMAF. The Klipsch Forte III setup at Axpona 2019 done by Saturday Audio was a complete joke. Room was stuffed with people who looked very interested, but actually was one the worst sounding rooms there. Totally not the speakers fault. A combination of low quality mismatched gear along with low quality recordings and terrible speaker placement. Saturday Audio ended up costing Klipsch a ton of sales.

Can't speak to Saturday Audio.

 

I can speak to KGI, I have seen their set up,s at NAAM, CES, RMAF, THE, etc., etc., and it always sounds great, they have the most competent people in the world setting their stuff up.  The product manager, the Chief Engineer they have Mark who sold Klipsch Fortes I's retail (and everything else in Heritage line) back in the day until he joined the company .  They all knew PWK personally and have memorized the 8 Cardinal Rules of Speaker Placement and other tips for tops sound PWK used to hand out.  They  always have the top gear to go with their stuff when I have seen them.  Lately, Toolshed Amps, Cary, MoFi turntables, etc., etc.  

 

Plus they have the Bonehead.

 

Travis

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good. I never meant to infer that KGI was not a top notch team. I aware of the level of talent there. I didn't know they were involved in the actual set-up in the room itself.

I don't know how the ball got handed off in Schaumburg, Illinois at Axpona. No way anyone with one good ear and one eye good eye and basic fundamental knowlege of room accoustics could have missed how lowball it was. Maybe was just a one-off being that it was the first year at the show for Klipsch.

Now I have my hopes up that Klipsch cornwall IV and Heresy IV will come along with KGI at Axpona 2020.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Sounds good. I never meant to infer that KGI was not a top notch team. I aware of the level of talent there. I didn't know they were involved in the actual set-up in the room itself.

I don't know how the ball got handed off in Schaumburg, Illinois at Axpona. No way anyone with one good ear and one eye good eye and basic fundamental knowlege of room accoustics could have missed how lowball it was. Maybe was just a one-off being that it was the first year at the show for Klipsch.

Now I have my hopes up that Klipsch cornwall IV and Heresy IV will come along with KGI at Axpona 2020.

Thanks.

The RMAF they send there people, for CES obviously their own people, and a couple of THE shows were all of their people.  But they typically have three things going in different places.  CANJAM for headphones, a Heritage Room, and Reference Rooms.  Sometimes they tend to focus on one thing or the other.

 

Last year at RMAF the Forte III's were tucked into a corner, sitting off to the side.  Everyone was there for the LS.  They for sure wouldn't have sounded good the way they were set up off to the side

 

There are so many shows, etc., I don't know the specifics of it in the least.

 

It could have been their people at AXPONA, I don't know.  I'm sure not every show has the engineering people.  

 

I met a couple of really cool younger guys that were doing Reference stuff one year.  There was a line down the hall to hear new LS AL-5, on one side of the hall, and a couple of guys in a near empty room on the other side of the room,  and I popped in and they were lonely because everyone wanted to hear the brand new LS.  They had the latest RF-7's sounding really, really good in that room.  

 

I believe all of that stuff gets set up in mock ups in Indy, every detail, speakers, equipment stands, signs, everything, and then it all packed precisely in crates,  numbered in the order to unpack them, etc.  I think everyone has experienced a speaker they are familiar with sounding either much better than they remembered, or much worse than they remembered.

 

They usually have a local dealer at shows, at least every one I have been to, so that if anyone wants something they take care of them right then and there.  I know Klipsch people were at that AXPONA, but not sure where for what products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...