The Klipsch Audio Community
dwilawyer

Coming Soon!!!! ME Cornwall IV and ME Heresy IV

23 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You obviously didn't have your camera with you.

Have you picked drivers and crossovers networks for them yet?

Travis

FYI..... for anyone who might be interested in these museum edition loudspeaker systems while also helping support the Museum I wanted to highlight the hand selecting and matching of drivers and networks.

While spending time with Roy at the Chief Bonehead Class gathering we were talking about the La Scala AL5 Museum Edition I own and if I remember correctly he told me he matched the drivers and networks to within 1/4 dB.

These museum edition loudspeakers really are very special one of a kind treasures to own and enjoy..!!! 👍🙂

miketn

@Chief bonehead please correct me if I remembered incorrectly. 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

FYI..... for anyone who might be interested in these museum edition loudspeaker systems while also helping support the Museum I wanted to highlight the hand selecting and matching of drivers and networks.

While spending time with Roy at the Chief Bonehead Class gathering we were talking about the La Scala AL5 Museum Edition I own and if I remember correctly he told me he matched the drivers and networks to within 1/4 dB.

These museum edition loudspeakers really are very special one of a kind treasures to own and enjoy..!!! 👍🙂

miketn

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He told me way back when he had selected them for both the AK6 and the AL5, but he didn't elaborate what all he was doing to get them Chief Bone-asized or the extent of the Boneazation process. He just kept mumbling stuff about "they should look and sound like they belong in a museum" and "tractrixically speaking I would say that . . . ."

Mike is correct, 100% of the sales proceeds go to the Museum, less the cost of bullet proof crating, in some cases special shipping arrangements, and special insurance we purchase. We prefer checks over credit cards in order to maximize every dollar to the Museum. The wood vendor for KGI, thus far has thrown their support behind this project by donating to the cause the special wood veneers that we would normally eat into our return; and Duracrest stepped up and went out and purchased and commissioned special fabric just for the ME's specifically for that particular wood. KGI tries to save scrap plywood so that Jim Hunter can build the crates at no expense. Then there a dozen more that helped in so many way. Cory for example, said we could advertise on his social media when it was clear that "our" product was competing with his potential Heritage customers.

In the last decade or so I think Capitol Records is the only other outside company that been officially co-labeled with a Klipsch Heritage speaker model. I have said it before, but it bears repeating, the Museum was truly honored to be entrusted with partnering with KGI in creating an official speaker. Roy, Jim and Matt have put a lot of time into this concept hoping for a true win-win, maximize funds for the Museum while providing the purchaser with something extra, extra special and a lot of enjoyment. 

I am sincerely glad you are enjoying yours Mike.

Travis

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 11:42 AM, CECAA850 said:

And too far for me but I'd love to attend.

same here - 1500 miles away -

On 11/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

miketn

-1/4 db  , does that mean that all our regular klipsch speakers are way off  - now how do they achieve such a measurement - they put the speakers in the anechoic chamber and set all the mics up -but the question is more like how do they fine tune it down to that level -

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

1/4 db  , does that mean that all our regular klipsch speakers are way off 

Now I have to wonder why you would make such an exaggerated comment...?

Klipsch, The Museum and Roy are going to extraordinary efforts to preserve and expand awareness of PWK’s legacy and these one of a kind museum model special editions are just a small part of that effort. 

Here is the brochure description of what was done for the Palladium P39F models for anyone interested. Obviously Klipsch has the ability and experience to achieve extremely tight tolerance standards when called for.

D64EC0A5-0DB5-4F2C-A706-DE221D4FB48D.thumb.jpeg.be78974e371f099d70c55e53ac5badb0.jpeg

a Palladium P39F is a 10 year old , 20k$ speaker system / very high end ,   165lbs  , the best klipsch ever made , so far - that speaker is ,5dB of the reference standard ,-

-the speakers you purchased are 1/4 dB from the reference standard - you are  1/4 dB away from perfection and  to be that accurate , you would need pro , active studio monitors  that have digital sound software -

-now these speakers are passive , and so , depending on the cabling , the preamp , the amp ,etc - that 1/4 dB may actually vary somewhat -

39 minutes ago, Randyh said:

a Palladium P39F is a 10 year old , 20k$ speaker system / very high end ,   165lbs  , the best klipsch ever made , so far - that speaker is ,5dB of the reference standard ,-

-the speakers you purchased are 1/4 dB from the reference standard - you are  1/4 dB away from perfection and  to be that accurate , you would need pro , active studio monitors  that have digital sound software -

-now these speakers are passive , and so , depending on the cabling , the preamp , the amp ,etc - that 1/4 dB may actually vary somewhat -

Not sure what your problem is but if you go back and read what I actually said I didn’t say anything about within a 1/4db of perfection or how close they measured to their standard. I simply said .....

On 11/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

Simply put .... Roy has taken it upon himself to make sure these museum edition loudspeakers are an “extremely” well matched pair of loudspeakers in support of the museum.

miketn

9 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Not sure what your problem is but if you go back and read what I actually said I didn’t say anything about within a 1/4db of perfection or how close they measured to their standard. I simply said .....

Simply put .... Roy has taken it upon himself to make sure these museum edition loudspeakers are an “extremely” well matched pair of loudspeakers in support of the museum.

miketn

Picky, picky, picky...................from the creator, to the negative critic. All to be placed in a Plus minus 12 db room. LOL.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Picky, picky, picky...................from the creator, to the negative critic. All to be placed in a Plus minus 12 db room. LOL.

And yet amazingly we can hear a 1db shift over an octave wide in the midrange even in a +/- 12db room.

LOL.

2 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

And yet amazingly we can hear a 1db shift over an octave wide in the midrange even in a +/- 12db room.

LOL.

Yes indeed, with the proper direct to reverberant field ratio, yes.