The Klipsch Audio Community
dwilawyer

For Sale ME Heresy IV . . . .

10/16: New photo and update on sale at bottom of this post.

Image.jpeg

Museum Edition Heresy IV

As with the Museum Edition Klipsch Horn (AK-6), Museum Edition La Scala (AL-5) and Museum Edition Cornwall IV, these speakers will be limited to one pair ONLY in this Series, hand crafted in beautiful black limba wood, feature hand matched components by the principal designer all of these products Roy Delgado, Jr. (Chief Bonehead), and will have signed (by Chief Bonehead) Museum Edition  laser engraved plaques.

More information on the Museum Edition Heresy IV will be posted here as it becomes available, specifically the manner in which they will be sold. The first three we had a set price, with advance notice of when offers would be accepted (the Khorns sold in less than an hour, the Cornwalls sold in less than a minute). 

There has been some interest here in this thread (see below), and elsewhere, in offering these in a silent auction type format in order to maxamize the revenue to the Museum. This is being considered by the Board of KHMA.

We @bhendrix and I will update here as we know more, and will give plenty of notice so that anyone who is interested will have every opportunity to purchase these speakers.

Update 10/16/2020: @Chief bonehead sent me this a couple of days ago, they were going to be finished and a signing party today..waiting for more photos and then approval by the Board on how to sell them

1602903778957_imagejpeg_0.jpg

Travis and Bill

• Like 6

Is there a way to make the sale of these limited edition speakers (for lack of a better term), "more fair"   to those who might be interested in them?  Perhaps something like a private bid auction or something similar?  Set a base price and then take private PM bids for them for a limited amount of time?  Seems that the Khorns and LS were gone in a flash, and many folks didn't even get a chance at them.  I don't know, just thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Is there a way to make the sale of these limited edition speakers (for lack of a better term), "more fair"   to those who might be interested in them?  Perhaps something like a private bid auction or something similar?  Set a base price and then take private PM bids for them for a limited amount of time?  Seems that the Khorns and LS were gone in a flash, and many folks didn't even get a chance at them.  I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Jim the Klipschorns sold in a day.

The La Scalas were offered in January and I agreed to purchase them May 3rd so everyone had ample time to decide if they wanted to buy them.

PS... I wanted them as soon as I saw them and I thought someone would grab them before my resistance to buy another speaker gave out .... so it’s everyone on this forum fault that I own them now...😄

miketn

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing these.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jwc said:

Looking forward to seeing these.  

Well they got your name on 'em JC Pipes.

One or both pairs might be done and ready by the time of the Bonehead Bonanza Education Class in October.  I'm am really glad you and Mark are going to make it.  Looking forward to some critical listening to some speakers, learning how to listen all over again from Roy, curving speakers and drivers in the anechoic chamber, and all the other stuff Bonehead has in store for us.  The floating bar will be there, and lots of very cool stuff in the evenings.

• Like 1

Where’s a link to the museum so that some of us could look at what it takes to be a member
All these years on here and I’ve never come across one
I have no idea how much it is to become a member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

The folks I thought would join as Founders and Khorn members never came through...

So there are still unfilled positions?

36 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Where’s a link to the museum so that some of us could look at what it takes to be a member

Then we need to do a better job of getting the word out, and we will.

@dtel's wife can for sure get you hooked up on that, she is a Trustee, Officer on the Executive Committee and this year's Membership Chair.

You go to

Klipschmuseum.org

Go to "Donate" and then "join" and their are all of the options, regular memberships, sustaining monthly memberships, family memberships.  

It is just $30 to be a regular member ($20 if you are local to Hope), and you have full voting privileges.   Our main thrust this year is to get as many people to join as "sustaining members" which is $10 a month (or $100 annualy in a single payment I believe).  But Christy's team has levels for every budget.

She added a perk for discounts for Bonehead classes, the first is Friday and Saturday Oct. 18 and 19 in Hope.  There is an announcement in the Museum section of the Forum.

She added a perk for giveaways, higher levels more chances, including a pair of Cornwall III that were donated.

We are a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.  Your Membership dues are tax deductable to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS.  So is the tuition for the first class.  As always, consult your tax advisor for full details.

As I mentioned before, we also need volunteers to be on the Committees.  We can't afford to hire people to do building improvements, repairs, etc. so we have volunteer work weekends in Hope, we have Committees where all you need is a phone and a computer.

Thanks for asking by the way.

16 minutes ago, jwc said:

So there are still unfilled positions?

Yeah I have a position I'm appointing you too when you get to Hope in October.

Oh by the way, Christy has a thing she is starting where children are free , under 18 I think (non-voting of course). 

On 9/4/2019 at 11:17 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I do like the museum's logo. Props to whoever put that together.

The Renaissance Man, Matt Sommers, Creative Director for KGI, KHMA Trustee, and Chair of Social Media Committee.

He did the Museum Edition Klipschorn AK-  6 brochure, he writes, produces and directs the cool Klipsch videos, photographer, graphic artist.  He says he is a "Klipsch Lifer."

If I hand him a rough draft of something he hands me back a diamond,  over, and over again.  He is one of the most talanted and creative people I have ever met.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Yeah I have a position I'm appointing you too when you get to Hope in October.

Oh by the way, Christy has a thing she is starting where children are free , under 18 I think (non-voting of course). 

Oh boy, eager to find out....I think.

So I'm assuming all Founders and Khorn member positions filled.

jc

29 minutes ago, jwc said:

Oh boy, eager to find out....I think.

So I'm assuming all Founders and Khorn member positions filled.

jc

Yes all of the Founders and Khorns have sold out.

That got us started, now we have the Museum, the PWK Education Center and now the PWK Auditorium over City Hall.

Now we are looking to build on sustaining membership, at $10, 20, 50 or $100 monthly, any of those would be great as it will give us a steady income stream for operating expenses and we can focus on staring a Building Fund and an Acquisitions fund for artifacts.

Lots to do.

2 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

https://www.klipschmuseum.org/membership

Thanks to Thaddeus Smith for posting the link to the museum, I just sent a small donation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RT FAN said:

Thanks to Thaddeus Smith for posting the link to the museum, I just sent a small donation.

Thank you so much @RT FAN, that was so cool.

Yes, thank you @Thaddeus Smith.  Thad/CJ are you coming to Roy's class?  You need to be there.

Probably not, sorry. Life's just a bit too full for me to pop over for a weekend, so I try to carve out for the Pilgrimage as a priority.