Going on the Lam

BigStewMan

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

a few years ago, i got an email from myself. Can’t recall the subject line; but, it was something suspicious; but, the sender email was my email.

I deleted it. My brother told me that the crooks know how to do stuff like that.  that junk still freaks me out though. 

I get spam calls all the time and the caller ID is my number.

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I get spam calls all the time and the caller ID is my number.

I have gotten that one before, but I don't get it. Why would I ever answer a call from myself?

Unless it is me from the past wanting to know how many 1969 Hemi Charger Daytonas I should buy.

Answer, one of every color and two B5 Blue ones

30 minutes ago, Davis said:

I have gotten that one before, but I don't get it. Why would I ever answer a call from myself?

Unless it is me from the past wanting to know how many 1969 Hemi Charger Daytonas I should buy.

Answer, one of every color and two B5 Blue ones

=== way off topic but on your Daytona comment - the show Restoration Garage out of Canada has them assigned to drive several hundred miles to a guys place in western Canada to look/access his Superbird collection. They find this huge garage filled with every color Superbird ever made, all in museum condition with catalogs full of documentation in front of each car. One guy nearly passed out when they opened the doors — 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

that is scary ... all the hypothetical “what if” conversations that we’ve had with people.  Our phones will think they’re true conversations.

this is starting to sound like the plot of a television drama. 

The artificial intelligence monster has read these posts, traced our locations and we should expect to picked up by the "soylent green" garbage truck sometime today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DMH said:

The artificial intelligence monster has read these posts, traced our locations and we should expect to picked up by the "soylent green" garbage truck sometime today.

Mine came already today, but they didn't knock on the door.  Apparently I'm not worthy.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i’m tech stupid; but, i read that our devices talk to each other, so wouldn’t surprise me if your phone somehow collected the GPS data and when you got home it shared the info with your computer.  that explains the store; but, how it knew hockey sticks is a mystery to me. 

As well, what happens when the store moves its inventory around, like when hockey season gives way to baseball season?  Do all the stores have to inform Big Marketing Brother, who lives in The Cloud, what they’re doing?  Can BM Bro say no?  In that case, do they just leave things where they are, until the next hockey season starts up, in two or three months, up here in the Great White North?