T5 True Wireless Keep Cutting In / Out

Chief19

I get that occasionally, too (usually after being in a heavy bluetooth usage area?) and I've found that resetting and re-pairing does the trick. (Both buds in charger, hold buttons for 8 secs).

I think it is something to do with the pairing between earbuds and not neccesarily to my phone.

Let me know how it goes.

-Mitch

Edited by RenaissanceMitch
Typos

Same issue here.  Reset, re-paired.  Issue is gone for a little while and comes back again.  Also, have an issue where the left earbud just cuts out and I have to seat it in the case and power up again.  Usually connect and audio comes back.  Hope this Connect app comes out and a firmware update fixes the issue.  Frustrating.

I saw that review too.  Not sure I can hold out for this app they're supposed to be releasing.  Can't find any info about a firmware fix or the app release date.  Klipsch customer service responded to my inquiry and said the app was still in development :(.  Debating returning them.  They do sound quite good, but the disconnects are frustrating.

Edited by ErockG

Yep, I have to same issue with my left one loosing connection which requires popping it back in the case and taking it out again.Note: the right one is 'primary'.

I also note a brief drop out while walking on the street mixing with a lot of people, probably bluetooth issue. I notice this same brief drop out with my Bowen & Wilkin P7 wireless as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having the same issue. Used them today for a walk and the right earphone was cutting in and out. Not sure what the problem is but these are brand new my first walk and problems. Hope they resolve with firmware update or the Klipsch connect app. Where is it?

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1. Klipsch T5 neckband keeps cutting multiple times when I'm talking on the mobile. Each time I have to stop the call, reconnect the bluetooth and start speaking. Really frustrating experience with klipsch t5 neckband. Dont know how to solve it.

2. It never cuts out when I'm listening to streaming music on youtube etc.  It only cuts out when talking on mobile.

3. Positives: The fitting into the ear is great (the best I've seen), the feel of neckband (brown leather) is great.

4. If this issue is fixed, I'd love Klipsch. Hope you provide an upgrade to fix the issue remotely. 

Best wishes 

Edited by Vnath
To make it more descriptive

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 8:20 PM, Vnath said:

1. Klipsch T5 neckband keeps cutting multiple times when I'm talking on the mobile. Each time I have to stop the call, reconnect the bluetooth and start speaking. Really frustrating experience with klipsch t5 neckband. Dont know how to solve it.

2. It never cuts out when I'm listening to streaming music on youtube etc.  It only cuts out when talking on mobile.

3. Positives: The fitting into the ear is great (the best I've seen), the feel of neckband (brown leather) is great.

4. If this issue is fixed, I'd love Klipsch. Hope you provide an upgrade to fix the issue remotely. 

Best wishes 

I have the same issue. Any updates?

I have the T5 true wireless and have found if my phone is on my body they cut out or disconnect if anything gets between the phone and the buds. Putting on my glasses or my arm over my phone seems to block the signal. If I move the phone further away it seems to work OK. I previously had some much cheaper wireless neckband buds that never lost connection so I don't think it is my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had T5 true for a month and they started to cut out in the right ear today but it does not seem to be a  bt connection issue. Sounds more like a driver issue. At low volume the sound is faint but once the volume is turned up they start to cut in and out and if bass is loud enough they almost sound normal but once bass stops they cut out. Has anyone suffered with this?

Edited by i-gore
Missed some grammar detail

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having similar issues, I have found that the playback will cut out when I am outside, but being indoors or sitting in my car I have no issues. Maybe this is a Bluetooth problem? Would love to know if there's a fix. Doesn't seem to matter if other people are around with Bluetooth devices. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Robert S. said:

I'm having similar issues, I have found that the playback will cut out when I am outside, but being indoors or sitting in my car I have no issues. Maybe this is a Bluetooth problem? Would love to know if there's a fix. Doesn't seem to matter if other people are around with Bluetooth devices. 

Welcome to the Forum!

• 2 weeks later...

My klipsch true wireless T5 constantly gets cut out every few seconds. Service centre staff told me it's because I updated the firmware 3.9.5 from the app which caused all these problems. He replaced my earphones with new ones as it cannot be repaired and told me not to use the app anymore. Got the new earphones but started to experience what majority of the community here experienced. When I'm at bt heavy areas, the connection always drop. Apparently, I'm not hopeful of klipsch being able to provide a solution since the firmware update made it worse.  It's disappointing because the sound quality is great but this bt issue makes it look bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still the same, just got mine. Installed the firmware 3.9.5. Sound is great but as soon as I start walking around with my phone in my breastpocket it starts cutting out. Although when I turn my head slightly it gets somehow better 😃 but doing this I already ran into 2 street lamps........😡.

Still waiting for an answer from support.

• 4 weeks later...

Don’t know if this pertains to anyone else but my phone only had Bluetooth 4. I had been able to decrease the cutting out by not keeping the phone on my body but it was still way too common. Recently got a new phone with Bluetooth 5 and the cutting out is gone. Works perfectly now. Finally enjoying these Klipsch as much as i thought I would.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 9:20 PM, Vnath said:

Best wishes 

I'm having the same issue, just upgraded from a R5 neckband for about 2 years with no isses.  Muisc plays flawessly, phone calls keep dropping.