RP-600C placement

alcorey

I'm building a wall 18 inches out from my existing wall to house a 74" long electric fireplace and will have 12 inches between the top of the fireplace and the bottom of an 82" tv. I want to build a cavity into the wall to house the RP-600C so it sits flush with the wall and fireplace. The speaker measures 8" high by 22" long by 12" deep. Will a tight fitting cavity suffice or should the speaker have some breathing room? What would be the ideal cavity size? Would an open or closed rear of cabinet be better? I've attached a PDF drawing, hope it shows upTV room3.pdf

Hi @alcorey, the biggest problem with fitting the RP-600C speaker within a closed cavity is the rear port. It generally needs some clearance to the wall behind it function properly. And there might also be some acoustic interference by what I would imagine would become an extended or infinite front baffle. I of course haven't tried this, so I can't say how bad this might be, however, I would think you'd be better off using one of Klipsch's in-wall speakers from this purpose, as they're design to be enclosed in a wall and have an infinite baffle etc.