Have you noticed ?

joessportster

I have seen a trend over the last few years with meteorologist attempting to sensationalize every major storm disaster etc...

Examples I have seen is a reporter standing at a distinct lean as though fighting a strong wind while someone walks behind them upright on the beach. During the coverage today with Hurricane Dorian 20 minutes ago the local (ish) weather guy reporting a tornado warning based on radar (no longer must a tornado be seen to be called a warning) they contradicted the report and themselves a few times in a 10 minute span. "The Tornado wont go as far as 501" Then they add a track bar extending approx 50 miles beyond that point (Ludicrous) Then he points out what he calls a hook which indicates STRONG rotation & the hook is getting more pronounced.  In the next breath he says how the rotation is getting weaker.  What the hell happened to reporting the facts as they are ?  When did we get to a point where WEATHER became a NEWS EVENT Worthy of incessant Hyperbole ?

I fear for the future and my sons in it ?

30 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Humans naturally ten to embellish stuff.

JJK

I understand that but this seems more like a concerted effort / agenda................I wonder if that could be tied to the media slant concerning global warming ?  If they make all weather Phenom seem catastrophic, we must all agree that weather is more severe today, & thus ask why ?  "Global Warming"

Personally I feel like the weather is changing and I am sure man does play a part. What I dont know however is if nature & the Earths natural changes are more to blame than anything man does. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

It's global warming:) C'mon get with the program.

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Fake Weather

I was just setting watching the weather and I swear the correlation between the weather reports and the agenda struck me funny. So I look up the hottest temps in states and overall the temps were mainly before 1985 (with a couple exceptions)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._state_temperature_extremes

Tried to look it up by state now & 1965 I can find tons of info on now all types of maps and charts telling me how the temps are hotter no overall yet I can not find individual states records for average temps in the past. I am positive if I had unlimited time and resources I could get that info but it certainly seems dubious that is does not pop up on the first page or 2 when typed in directly

• Like 1

Though 1012 was a hotter year for Greenland, toward the end of July, over 10 billion tons of ice melted in one day. Russia has lost over 7 million acres of forests this summer, Iceland totally lost one of its glaciers. The list could go on and on.

It's always weather, but it's not fake weather.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Though 1012 was a hotter year for Greenland, toward the end of July, over 10 billion tons of ice melted in one day. Russia has lost over 7 million acres of forests this summer, Iceland totally lost one of its glaciers. The list could go on and on.

It's always weather, but it's not fake weather.

When the next asteroid hit happens, there will be lots MORE ice melting and forests burning...again, things we humans have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER!  But money-hungry politicians will find a way to convince fools to pay some kind of tax to stop it, won't they??

• Thanks 1

At first the world was flat and everyone was believing.

And then the Sun rotated around the Earth and everyone was believing.

And then the Universe was very tiny and everyone was believing.

And then Quantum Mechanics invented the transistor, laser, computer, cell phone, and this website and everyone was believing.

And then science said the Earth was warming with methane gas, carbon monoxide, and the destruction of forests and because of the unprecedented rate of rise of CO2 in the atmosphere by information derived from ocean bottom samples and ice core samples. But money is what is being believed in this case. How life has changed.

JJK

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

It's always been the same with the news, everyone went through the pumped up news for every ice age and it's reversal over the last millions of years, it use to be sensationalized on stone tablets and word of mouth.  :lol: The news just got bigger where the most important thing is ratings which = money, so if a flea was unjustly killed on a dog  in western alaska it's news.

And there is not a news agency without bias, if you think so your leaning one way or another yourself as to fit there bias, or just stupid. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, joessportster said:

I fear for the future and my sons in it ?

You dad probably said the same thing, you grow up with what your use to, that's your normal.

Your kids probably think color Tv, microwave ovens, plastic, computers and many other things are standard, they have no clue these things came about in your lifetime.

• Like 3

I didn't mention news organizations. Didn't necessarily say we could do anything about the changes. While there has always been a kind of ebb and flow with the climate, there is a rather large consensus about the acceleration of the changes occuring now. Not worried so much about me. A couple generations down the road, yes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I didn't mention news organizations. Didn't necessarily say we could do anything about the changes. While there has always been a kind of ebb and flow with the climate, there is a rather large consensus about the acceleration of the changes occuring now. Not worried so much about me. A couple generations down the road, yes.

No, you just confused people with facts.  On this forum, too, you should know better...

What's weather reporting without some special effects these days.  The station with the best effects gets me to tune in.  😀 

I think this video was the beginning of dressing things up.  I remember when it first aired, it's still impressive.  It got me watching to see what else they can do.  It starts at around 1 minute mark.

• Like 1

I've all but given up watching TV anymore,I quit once before back in the 1970's and got sucked back in by the original Saturday Night Live.

It's 99% crap,can't trust anything on the so called news,TV shows are pretty much all stupid and boring,sometimes the commercials are better than the show and I hate commercials.

I'll watch an occasional classic movie as long as it's on a commercial free channel and a few other things like classic car auctions but mostly I leave it off going days and sometimes weeks without turning it on. 

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

politicians will find a way to convince fools to pay some kind of tax

Yeah ... the wife and I make less than half as compared to 10 years ago (I'm retired).  But ... we now pay TWICE as much in taxes :(  Time to bring back the guillotine to "award" these politicians ... OK; just kidding (?) :D 

alfred hitchcock workout GIF

• Like 1