Have you noticed ?

joessportster

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Storm surge depends on individual storms,  the strength and the land they impact as far as shape to trap some of it and the angle it comes in at, they re all different. Or we can just say warming is the answer to anything other than normal, it is the easier and adding some guilt as a way of doing it.

Just not sure how the same thing happened a few times before, before humans, when it is man which it the destruction of everything, apparently. Evidence is there, but it does not fit every agenda. Much science is like polls or statistics, you can make it fit many different scenarios. The real truth would be nice from some agency without an agenda, are there any anymore?

Living through tweets are for losers and facebook types.

Your about a subtle as Jimjimbo. 

That’s what you love about me. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:
5 hours ago, dtel said:

Living through tweets are for losers and facebook types.

You might want to be careful regarding your comments on "facebook types"......

I don't care, it's like a drug for some they need it.

For someone that does not do most of the social media or cellphones, it's like watching zombies walk around, they can't take there eyes off of the phone.

If an electric fault took out all social media and cellphones plus a meteor took out the satellites, 90% of the country would have a nervous breakdown. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, joessportster said:

I understand that but this seems more like a concerted effort / agenda................I wonder if that could be tied to the media slant concerning global warming ?  If they make all weather Phenom seem catastrophic, we must all agree that weather is more severe today, & thus ask why ?  "Global Warming"

Personally I feel like the weather is changing and I am sure man does play a part. What I dont know however is if nature & the Earths natural changes are more to blame than anything man does. 

Regardless of why it is changing, shouldn't we take steps to minimize any negative effects?  Like preventing the burning of the Amazon, minimizing our reliance on fossil fuels, etc.? 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, garyrc said:

Regardless of why it is changing, shouldn't we take steps to minimize any negative effects?  Like preventing the burning of the Amazon, minimizing our reliance on fossil fuels, etc.? 

The money doesn't want to go there.

JJK

9 hours ago, dtel said:

I don't care, it's like a drug for some they need it.

For someone that does not do most of the social media or cellphones, it's like watching zombies walk around, they can't take there eyes off of the phone.

If an electric fault took out all social media and cellphones plus a meteor took out the satellites, 90% of the country would have a nervous breakdown. 

Boy you have that right. Went to a dirt circle track race last Friday and it is stunning the number of blue screen faced idiots who paid to watch races watching dumb cell phones! I sit on the front deck and watch nature and go to the ridge top at times for .223 R&R with Tannerite and no fakebook for this guy. Go eat out and look at all the zombies "talking" to their internet buddies while the people with them are ignored. I would far rather hear birds or Super MWM's any day IN PERSON and I just don't get blue screen people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While not entirely wrong, the way some of you are griping makes you come across as narrow minded old guys. You do, after all, spend a fair amount of time socially interacting with people on an internet forum - not that far removed from what Facebook was meant to be. I challenge you to be better than your previous generations in this regard.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

As to sensationalized reporting: as a victim of such reporting, I can attest the editors identify the most controversial 5 second segment or statement and embellish the story from that standpoint. Keep in mind they are in the business of selling advertisement via entertainment rather than reporting the facts of the issue. 

As to “climate change”: in the late 70s the “consensus of “scientists”” (double quotes intended being a chemist by training) had the next ice age coming any second now. There was even a Paul Newman movie Quintet, showing us the perils of the new ice age. I suspect if the funding for climate change dried up, so would the excitement about it. The “new green deal” was outed by one of its authors as not directed to the environment, but as a change agent for the economy.

Sorry I may be getting cranky in my old age.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

You do, after all, spend a fair amount of time socially interacting with people on an internet forum

Which is nothing like facebook unless you're referring to the fact that it's internet based.  Facebook is all about "look at me", "selfies", stupid videos and "this is my problem, woe is me".  It's about data collection and mindless zombies staring at their phone.

• Like 1