Epic CF-2 version 3 crossovers

Pizzano

Hello, where can I find the replacement crossovers for this model, are they still available through Klipsch or other audio parts vendors 

MFG date is 1995

Bass reflex 2 way 

crossover freq 2200hz

power 200 /800 peak

8 ohms

36-20khz

98 sensitivity

Thanks for any info, much appreciated!!

3 hours ago, Pizzano said:

Hello, where can I find the replacement crossovers for this model, are they still available through Klipsch or other audio parts vendors 

MFG date is 1995

Bass reflex 2 way 

crossover freq 2200hz

power 200 /800 peak

8 ohms

36-20khz

98 sensitivity

Thanks for any info, much appreciated!!

hope this helps

Klipsch Epic CF2 schematic.JPG

Thanks for the schematic, any ideas where I can find a replacement crossover equivalent to the original , besides lucking out and finding a used crossover for this model , which I have had no luck yet, one speaker the tweeter driver does not function, and I had my son in law remove and install on the good speaker and it works , so that tells me it is in the crossover. 

I am disabled so I do not have the talent of soldering parts such as capacitors, so my plan was to just replace both crossovers and be done.

thnks 

@Pizzano  None available unless you find them on ebay.  Bob Crites doesn't have any replacements for them either.  My recommendation would be to call Bob Crites and see if you could ship both crossovers to him in Russellville, AR and him check them out and replace whatever is necessary.  He might be able to help you out with that.

It could also be a bad solder connection on the circuit board, too.  Where are you located?  Maybe you're close to some of the members that might be able to help you out possibly.  I would if I were close.

28 minutes ago, avguytx said:

@Pizzano  None available unless you find them on ebay.  Bob Crites doesn't have any replacements for them either.  My recommendation would be to call Bob Crites and see if you could ship both crossovers to him in Russellville, AR and him check them out and replace whatever is necessary.  He might be able to help you out with that.

It could also be a bad solder connection on the circuit board, too.  Where are you located?  Maybe you're close to some of the members that might be able to help you out possibly.  I would if I were close.

Thanks for the info. I am in Henderson NV, Las Vegas area

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pizzano said:

Thanks for the schematic, any ideas where I can find a replacement crossover equivalent to the original , besides lucking out and finding a used crossover for this model , which I have had no luck yet, one speaker the tweeter driver does not function, and I had my son in law remove and install on the good speaker and it works , so that tells me it is in the crossover. 

I am disabled so I do not have the talent of soldering parts such as capacitors, so my plan was to just replace both crossovers and be done.

thnks 

try the first tweeter that did not work and install it in your good speaker and see if it works there. You probably just need a new set of tweeter diaphragms from Bob Ctites buy his titanium replacement I prefer it to the new stock Klipsch titanium diaphragm they swap out in a few minutes each and they are a significant upgrade in overall sound quality.

scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the titanium tweeter diaphragms.

https://critesspeakers.com/klipsch_tweeters.html

@moray james  Bob has no parts for the Epic CF series from what this page looks like....at least at the very top.  If he doesn't have the parts for CF's, he should delete all info from that area except for saying he has nothing anymore.

But, the CF-1 & 2 are completely different tweeter drivers so who knows.

https://critesspeakers.com/klipsch_epic_cf-3_and_cf-4.html