Sealed Subwoofer Help

S+J

Hey all I am in need of a new subwoofer and I can’t decide which sub would be best? This would be for HT/music.

I am leaning toward sealed and am between HSU and SVS. Willing to spend up to 1000! Does anyone have envy experience with either brand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 hour ago, S+J said:

Hey all I am in need of a new subwoofer and I can’t decide which sub would be best? This would be for HT/music.

I am leaning toward sealed and am between HSU and SVS. Willing to spend up to 1000! Does anyone have envy experience with either brand?

Both good products, both good customer service.  Use specs and price as your guide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S+J said:

I(me) would get a ported version from either brand and run it ported(extension, SPL) for HT and sealed(punch, speed) for music.   These preferences are based on my experience only and by no means am I saying this is best for you or anyone else.  My experience is with SVS so I would look for a PB model with the option of plugging ports for sealed applications.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 4:27 PM, S+J said:

Curveball! But I decided to go with ported, but instead went with Rythmik! Thanks for the help!

Great choice!  I've got a pair of Rythmik E15 subs (sealed) doing HT/music chores and am very happy.