Almost hot sauce time again

Max2

Wife did huge garden this year here in Maryland and she is on batch umpteen something of red sauce and salsa. Doubt she makes any true hot sauce. Next year I will add some peppers specifically for hot sauce. I'm a huge habanero fan and somehow none were planted [emoji848].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sauce that I call Ghost to the Post is my favorite (sorry, can’t remember the real name of it).  Just used it a minute ago on a burrito that i bought from this new place that i just discovered. It’s identical to a Chipotle, except without the Salmonella. Sat in my recliner, burrito in one hand, bottle of the Ghost in the other. A very good meal. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 5:11 PM, oldtimer said:

I think it was shallots and lemongrass.

How dare you take from the Environment, The nerve of some people to preach about all the bad things going on and then use the electricity it requires to power a PC in order to promote ones wares. We wont even speak about the clothes you wear and all the energy it takes to produce them. Shoes god only knows how many greenhouse gasses are emitted from those sweatshops in China where they were produced, not even taking into account all the natural resources shipped around the world for those purposes. Dont even get me started on the vehicle you drive, and the house or apt. you no doubt live in. I wonder how many trees lost there lives for your comfort & how much less carbon can be cleaned from our air . Now I know someone a conscience as you would never turn on electricity, or visit a store, Hospital, Clinic or any establishment that shamelessly uses it. I mean to think you might actually support any establishment that causes greenhouse gasses, Global Warming of any kind boggles the mind. (I think I will be sick :emotion-41:  ).  It is curious to think on how one would cook food / hot sauce in a mindset such as yours. I mean really how can you live with yourself just thinking about all the carbon emissions from any form of cooking :o:D

I found an Asian style sauce recipe that everyone seems to like. Been using it for dipping roasted shishito's and Anemheim's in and just about anything else that is nearby.  

Soy sauce

Brown sugar

Sesame oil

Minced ginger

Lime Zest

chopped 1 inch Tobasco pepper or equivalent 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:09 PM, jimjimbo said:

Harvest has been decent, but running behind due to our shitty spring weather.  Oldtimer will be getting several shipments in the next few weeks.

Harvest has been shitty for me the past couple years......  the damn mocking birds have been raiding my bushes and the wife won't let me shoot them.  I used to love listening to them in the morning while sipping my coffee, and still do, but now I curse the bastards. It's been slim pick'ins over here.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh.  Temperature snap this Friday here. It looks like we are chopping almost 20 degrees from our current Highs and 20+ starting next week.   I hope my upper canopy fruit on my plants have a chance to ripen up.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, Max2 said:

My ghost plants just got a little taller than me which is 6 feet.  If you take out the slightly elevated bed, they're easily 5 1/2 feet tall and I may have another honest month of growth.

VQ7MM1i.jpg

sweet ... the ghost sauce that i recently got from OldTime is off the charts good.  the best of his selections if you ask me. 

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

sweet ... the ghost sauce that i recently got from OldTime is off the charts good.  the best of his selections if you ask me. 

From the pepper pics everyone has been posting this year, there is likely to be a lot of sauce to go around this fall.