Clapton Crossroads 2019

jimjimbo

For those of you that won't be there, unlike my friend @Davisand I, apparently there is going to be a partial live stream of this amazing two day event in Dallas.  Almost everyone from the 2013 event will be performing this weekend.

Watching the 2013 Crossroads DVD right now.  Absolutely awesome.  If this year is half as good, I'll be happy.

Jeff Beck is the man.  Sorry Eric.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/crossroads-guitar-festival-viewing-parties-2019/

• Like 6

9 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I guess the question is....then, or now and forever?

Doesn't really matter I guess, we're just lucky to have lived with them all.

I've always been a huge Jimmy Page fan, and I had Clapton and Beck tied until I saw Jeff Beck live last year. I'll bet it will be a wonderful show. Some of these guys are having health problems and might not be able to perform much longer.

I am so amped about these upcoming shows.  @jimjimbo scored us tix to both nights.

An incredible feat actually.

He is a hell of a travel planner and we will doing it up right.

The concert is back in Dallas where it first started.

Even though we are departing from different cities our flights land and depart  within 30 minutes or so of each other in Dallas and they are direct flights at that.

A nice apartment close to the venue and we have some time to be tourist as well.

I am in total agreement about Jeff Beck.

I watch his Blu Ray Live From The Hollywood Bowl often and seeing him in Indy last year with a very similar song list was awesome,  the seats were incredible.

They were bought from Stub Hub the day of the show.

I am so looking forward to seeing Beck the most at the Cross Roads Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Clapton has only done three shows leading up to the festival. The last two were in San Francisco and Phoenix.  I heard yesterday that there will be a pay-per-view available for this festival. Not sure who the providers will be but you might want to check it out. I am sure that they will be putting out a DVD and Blu-ray disc in a few months after the show is edited. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I am sure that they will be putting out a DVD and Blu-ray disc in a few months after the show is edited. 

That's what I am hoping for, especially if it's Blu-Ray, 4K would be nice also since things are moving that way. But mainly for the better sound from the BR would be more important.