Clapton Crossroads 2019

jimjimbo

That is one heck of a lineup, I have been lucky enough to have seen about half of the artists including Derek Trucks, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, Jimmie Vaughan, Sonny Landreth, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton, & Los Lobos. A word of advice, Los Lobos is not to be missed, they put on a great show. For fun they throw in some covers for encores and do blistering versions of the Dead's "Bertha" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", as well as Ritchie Valens "Let's Go". Sonny Landreth is an absolute monster, check him out. Enjoy guys and gals.

• Like 1

I could not have had a better time.

Hanging out with Jim was so much fun and a big thank you to him for setting up this trip for us.

The entire atmosphere in the Dallas Victory area was electric. People were there from all over.

Everything we needed was within walking distance of the apartment. Great bars, liquor store and luckily Jimmie Johns (more on that later).

Kirby was a gracious host and meeting him and experiencing his E-V's was cool. A tasty dinner and a sight seeing trip was a great start to the journey Thursday.

The first guy we met outside the venue  was from Tokyo (wearing his Clapton T-shirt). Met a fun guy from France at the guitar village.

There is just to much to type out and I cant wait to see the pics.

And one last thing @jimjimbo  Jeff Beck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1