Clapton Crossroads 2019

jimjimbo

On 9/6/2019 at 7:53 PM, jimjimbo said:

I guess the question is....then, or now and forever?

Doesn't really matter I guess, we're just lucky to have lived with them all.

I have all the Crossroads discs, and everything Jeff Beck ever recorded under his name. Beck can clearly outplay Clapton any day of the week, and Jimmy Page is Beck's biggest fan, always has been. I have seen Beck 8 times throughout his career and he's never ceased to amaze me. He deserves all the accolades he gets from all the musicians around the world, for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTusler said:

I did the live stream on Nugs.  The 2 nights were great.  Friday got a bit slow with some different acts.  It seemed to me that when they switched bands, every other one had low sound levels, was it that way live on site?

As far as overall sound level, I would say no, it didn't seem that way, but what Greg and I both commented on was the bad mixing on the vocals, especially female vocals.  Seemed to me that it was much better on Saturday.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, jimjimbo said:

Jeff Beck is the man.  Sorry Eric.

Saw Beth Hart with Jeff Beck at the Detroit Opera House in 2006. She was strutting around the stage like a queen. I got her 2004 DVD and it blew me away like she did with Jeff.

Jeff is the BEST guitar accompaniment for any vocal. See the tribute to Buddy Guy 2012 on You  Tube...........Kennedy Center. Killer stuff!!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 7:54 AM, RT FAN said:

That is one heck of a lineup, I have been lucky enough to have seen about half of the artists including Derek Trucks, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, Jimmie Vaughan, Sonny Landreth, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton, & Los Lobos. A word of advice, Los Lobos is not to be missed, they put on a great show. For fun they throw in some covers for encores and do blistering versions of the Dead's "Bertha" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", as well as Ritchie Valens "Let's Go". Sonny Landreth is an absolute monster, check him out. Enjoy guys and gals.

Saw Sonny Landreth live at a local bar several years ago. Probably 200 people there.......packed. He was frikkin' amazing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

It was incredible.  Stunning performances by absolutely top tier talent.  And, we had fantastic seats.....

I will be posting more info and lots of photos soon.  I took well over 1000 photos, just need to go through them and do some post processing.

Did you shoot RAW and JPG? or just JPG?????

Just now, ClaudeJ1 said:

Makes me happy to see that from you. Pictures and comments!!

Claude, thank you for all of your help and advice.  It was absolutely invaluable!  As I'm sure you know, it was pretty tough inside, and outside as well, where the sun was very bright in an enclosed courtyard with many reflective surfaces, but the Sony performed admirably and although I'll need to do some tweaking, the advanced capabilities of the unit were stellar.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Claude, thank you for all of your help and advice.  It was absolutely invaluable!  As I'm sure you know, it was pretty tough inside, and outside as well, where the sun was very bright in an enclosed courtyard with many reflective surfaces, but the Sony performed admirably and although I'll need to do some tweaking, the advanced capabilities of the unit were stellar.  Thanks again.

You're welcome. Having taken millions of photos for a living and having been the first Digital Photographer in Michigan put me in a pretty good place to give advice...............but only for those willing to put their money where their mouth was and to take that advice. I really like the shots you posted. Good zoom cropping, amigo!!