2nd Dayton MKBoom Build Thread

DizRotus

49 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The seams and edges are all buttered up with Bondo.  The palm sander will make quick work of the final preperation for Duratex.  If the weekend high temp cooperates, the Duratex will be applied.

20191023_110132 (Medium).jpg

Your project is coming along nice.  The palm sander is your friend.  I have plenty of palm sanding on my own project as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, justinsweber said:

I have my done... Sounds good. Only curious aspect is that you have to have it "On" for it to charge. 

According to Greg at PE, that's not correct.  My first one will charge with the power off, but the "Charging" LED doesn't illuminate unless the power is on.  I haven't yet charged the second one.

Is the left channel/right channel orientation correct on yours as labeled by PE?

They're ready for Duratex, which covers a multitude of sins.  Unfortunately, Duratex recommends 65 degres, or higher, for application.  It won't get that hight today, and may not do so until next spring, so painting will be done indoors.

MKB 1.jpg

MKB 2.jpg

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

It’s done.  It sounds and works great.  One minor issue involves Bluetooth.  The initial pairing takes many attempts.  Once it connects, subsequent connections are immediate.

2AB94AFF-BA45-4240-B49E-9192EA21607A.jpeg

D5229C77-06F5-4591-9404-6B24E8204E36.jpeg

IMG_0914 (Medium).JPG

Very nice job.   Hope my project turns out that sweet.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

To burn in the unit it was playing Christmas music for days using Spotify and Bluetooth.  It played four long days in a row on a single charge.  It’s hard to imagine a scenario where more charge capacity would be required.  Play it all day and charge it all night.

My brother (the nephew’s father) and I are debating whether to play that famous hit by Junior Walker & The All Stars as the box is being opened.  It would not be difficult to have it powered and paired to a phone with that song.  It could start while the wrapping paper is being removed.

Nephew Ben and his beautiful bride would appreciate the humor, but their infant daughter’s maternal grandparents might take offense.

An example of Ben’s sense of humor is the attached photo he circulated illustrating the similarity between their daughter and Patton Oswalt.

6C6D0C03-F701-4485-95EC-4DA51B82E3EB.jpeg

Patton is on the right. 

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...