My home theatre

Alvarop

I bought a new home however the Rec room came finished so I had to work with what was already built .

I started with Klipsch in-wall speaker all around and soon enough ungraded .

Now I have an issue with my neighbor complaining about bass - the houses are at least 20’ feet apart . Plus both houses are all brick. It’s like having a Ferrari and you can only drive it 40 MPH.

I decided to buy 4” foam high quality 12X12x4 - I did notice I have to turn the subs down - deeper bass and way tighter and I can’t hear anything in the room rattle , all walls are drywall and finished ceiling .

My system :

Maranta SR7011

Rotel RB1091 x 2 running the fronts

Yamaha - P7000. X4 running subs mono

Dayton U18 - x4 . Custom built boxes.

RF7I Fronts - with modded crossovers

FR7 sides - no mods

RC7 - no mods

R800 surround back

Ceiling -Energy - 6”. Need to upgrade to CDT 5800

Optoma 4K

135” motorized screen .

Sounds really nice , now on a mission to stop bass leaving my house .

IMG_1773.thumb.JPG.1654145f632b5e4d81691e5150aba149.JPGIMG_1773.thumb.JPG.1654145f632b5e4d81691e5150aba149.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The neighbors cannot hear the subs sound but can hear the vibrations the sound waves cause. Isolation is your friend.
http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/modular-series-model-mol-al/

Welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the excellent theater. Fit and finish looks great. The led's are incredible. 

Hi appears your link won’t open .

What’s your thoughts on 4 foam?

Well, there was this one project where I successfully accomplished isolating a high frequency laser for a manufacturer. By using a system involving heavy duty spring isolators, and a suspended monolithic slab of concrete weighing 120 tons, the laser was ultimately immune from any vibrations transmitted through the ground above 2Hz.  

Ultra low frequencies excite the materials around them, causing vibration. This vibration travels longitudinally. How far it travels depends on soil type and strength of the source. Likely your neighbor is hearing this vibration. By isolating the source, you are isolating the vibration, thereby reducing the strength of ultra low frequencies being transmitted to your neighbors foundation. These ultra low frequencies cannot be heard, but you can definitely feel them, and especially you can hear the china in the cabinet rattling.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Oh, and OMG what a subwoofer stack!😲

What amps are you using?\

I just purchased 2 Monoprice Monolith 12" THX Ultra subwoofers. They are sitting on SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation feet. Basically my room is on top of a concrete slab. Never even plugged them in yet. We will soon find out what my neighbors thoughts are. hehehehe

Thanks for your explanation which makes sense now I understand how I can better help my situation.

Very interesting technology and I am glad I asked the question , I’ll shoot them a message explaining my system and problem.

I am using Dayton U18 ultramax .i had a cabinet shop cut me the wood . They did a perfect job , I insulated inside and painted .

The amps are Yamaha p7000 each running 4ohms mono - 2500 watts into each sub . Each sub as per specs move 6 litres of Air each thrust. Reasonably priced bought from parts express.

The bass is so tight and thumps your chest. Watching movies is epic especially horror movies .

[llurl=https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_2019_09/IMG_0965.JPG.ed3dfb8b66017f096eca1f3d7c1e53c2.JPG]IMG_0965.thumb.JPG.d7bda4a3e81d0452fb493f0bf5ec1414.JPG[/url]IMG_1723.thumb.JPG.4b2dfd00efd16753a7163c8d2a1be1d4.JPG57171663862__CF85BB79-4C96-408B-AF04-1F39DD2197F2.thumb.JPG.9a2f91862c9688fe7bb680e252feb56f.JPG

• Like 2