Klipsch RP 6000f have good bass?

Ramesh

Am new here and appreciate advise from the audio gurus and owners of Klipsch. I am looking at getting Klipsch rp 6000f floor standers and 600C centre channel speaker. Am hoping to pair them with my newly bought onkyo RZ 830 amp and my old jamo surround floor standers as well as front height bookshelf speakers jamo ( S 416 series old, but fairly decent) and old jbl 10 inch sub. Going for a 7.1 set up. Am hoping to have good bass. My Jamo does offer rich deep  bass with a warmth signature  but I gather it cant match the clarity and soundstage of Klipsch, which is why I wish to upgrade after hearing positive reviews of the Klipsch RP series. But how about the bass? Does Klipsch 6000f offer good rich deep bass as well? Also will it match my onkyo rz 830? I am used to warm sound, but not too bright. Would the Klipsch RP 6000f  be more clear and dynamic and give room filling sound as the reviews suggest? Second, how is the Klipsch 600c centre channel  compared to 500C. Should I look to upgrade my sub as well Any good ones at a reasonable price range? My room is not really big. Its a small living room hence am looking at the 6000f as opposed to the 8000f.  Appreciate  your advise. It will be pretty helpful in my upgrading plans. Thank you

Before you do anything, you need to listen to the RP-6000F.  Klipsch speakers are typically unforgiving and not nearly as laid back as other brands so good bass will be relative.

BTW, you are talking about good bass but you reference using a sub.  Would you be using the RP speakers full range with the sub or using the crossover in the receiver?  If not using at least with a crossover of around 40-50hz, you will not know what bass the RP-6000F will be capable of.  Also using built in AccuEQ will dramatically change the character of the speakers vs listening in pure / direct mode for say music listening in stereo.

You need to listen for yourself as you will know best.

Tks for your elaborate response. I will be using the sub for my movies. For music I will be using the speakers with crossover  from receiver no subs. Do i need to change settings and not rely on Accu EQ settings. Or just play pure direct for music

Yes I intend to audition the speakers before final purchase. 

For music without sub, you would need to turn off the crossover unless it is set at a very very low frequency.  Since you will be doing that you will likely have to have a second set of EQ settings for music since the sub will modify the entire presentation and likely change the EQ up through mid-bass, making it incompatible with running the speakers separately.

I myself would look at the best placement for the speakers and see if they could be run direct for music.

• 2 weeks later...