Springsteen on Broadway

mikebse2a3

If your looking for something to listen to tonight I suggest giving this recording a try.   

Was listening to this on my La Scala AL5 setup the other night and it is one of the best sounding recordings by him and I especially enjoyed the personal memories he shared before each song and the simplicity of these versions of his songs.

DEDB8C7F-B27D-4712-9AD1-D01948703C1C.jpeg.afa814aeb05ac5593ebfac17cf5deed1.jpeg

E9A4DE75-64D5-4AEF-A12F-7B0D291DEF00.jpeg.ea2b095ab46b98f505b1fcf5220bc652.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You're just blinded by the light.

you know, i’ve never heard his version of that; but, then i don’t listen to his music either. Have heard the Manford Mann cover more times than i can count. Used to be played regularly on FM radio. 

Had a friend that was really into Springsteen and thought his shows were great.  Me, if he tours with Fleetwood Mac and the Stones maybe I’ll go ... I also may forget to put batteries in my hearing aid though. 

I don't know what to say.

I just typed a good two paragraphs about how I feel about Mr. Stringbean, and just deleted  it all.

I wanted to try and convince any doubters to what Bruce has meant to music... me.

But just like HiFi, let your ears be the judge.

Some people like Horns and some like Magneplanar speakers... I like both. 😎

I'm aint going to drive no used car again.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

it is one of the best sounding recordings by him

That wouldn't be hard...

I can imagine that his concerts could be very good, but have never thought his recordings were very good. I did like Nebraska, though, even with some technical issues it is much more listenable than the rockers.

22 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha ... not a Springsteen fan either :D  Wife bought us tickets for a concert many years ago ... she went with her girlfriend; not me :D 

You missed a real good performer he outdid his physical stature when I saw him.

Wasn't a fan, I even tripped him out a little when I practically bulldozed him running a push broom down the aisles of the record bar I worked at. I kinda stopped and swerved he chuckled and asked me "You gotta date tonight?" `cause it was as we closed when he came in & I wanted outta there that half hour later. Being keen on Aero, ZZ, Teddy, Rush and Zeppelin  back then I wasn't on him either. I was also about 19 when he did two nights here starting the next night after that. Told him I thought his "Jungleland" and that other ballad-like tune of his were great asked him if he was gonna do a medly type concert quick in and out of town series.. he said naaa. I picked up a pair of tickets the next day and saw him the second sold-out night, two weeknight dates for me that week!

10th Ave Freezeout & the old stuff was great, Born in the USA wasn't my speed (top40). Nils Lofgreen was there at the mall with him that night and on the stage with big ol Clarence and him... RIP Mr. Clemmons.

They did two energetic hour and a half sets each night here that time, one of the last I saw in our old Coliseum. His show might be second to only Pink Floyd of the shows I've seen. He didn't act like David Lee Roth did in 1980 but Bruce got into it and let us have it.  Doubt it could be that way now, decades later.

• Like 2