Amp recommendation for Heresy ii

superreggie

I've used my with my SET 2A3 tube amps at 3.5 watt up to a 100 WPC solid State amp and they all sounded good. I'm not saying they all sounded the same. I was actually a bit surprised at how well the lower power tube amps sounded. The SS was pretty obviously a lot tighter sounding than the tube amp, but a higher powered tube amp would probably sound more solid in the bass. The old H/K series 430 and 630 sounded very good too.

Bruce

30 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The old H/K series 430 and 630 sounded very good too.

Bruce

12 hours ago, superreggie said:

I have a pair of Heresy II speakers, and I'm looking for a recommendation for an AFFORDABLE way to power them, could be used or new. This is just to listen to records, only plugged in with a turntable. 

Since the KEY WORD in the query is AFFORDABLE, It's hard to beat the old H/K 430, 630. 730, or 930 twin-powered SS receivers in great functional condition, IMHO!  Depending upon the cartridge (MM or MC!) used, you may or may not need to add in a phono stage between the turntable and the inputs, though.  Of the receiver models above, if you want to add into the mix a pre-amp of your choice, then that is entirely easily possible by using any of them EXCEPT the 430, since the rest of them have jumpers on the rear input plate between the pre-amp section and the amp section for easily doing that.

13 hours ago, superreggie said:

I have a pair of Heresy II speakers, and I'm looking for a recommendation for an affordable way to power them, could be used or new. This is just to listen to records, only plugged in with a turntable. 

It is not clear what your question is.

Do you already have a pre-amp and you only need an amplifier?

Or do you need a pre-amp also (or integrated amp). If it is the later, then is your turntable (cartridge) going to need MM or a MC input compatibility?

Very importantly, what do you mean by affordable? What is your budget and are you willing to buy used equipment?

There are many choices out there but we need some clarification first.

Good Luck,

-Tom