Annoyed by smartphones etc.

parlophone1

How many of you are irritated by using smartphones, tablets etc.?

I am aware that other issues come into play than just the hardware, but using my android smartphone drives me nuts.

Constant delaying, pop&ups from other wendors, ads etc ... I just can not bear with it, while I only want to come to some information or such.

It is too much for me and I usually end up just closing the device.

It has not been so difficult before. Devices have been designed to do with purpose. For example, when I take my Nikon F2 in my hands, everything becomes second nature. Every dial has its purpose and does nothing else. 

No such luck with new technologies...this makes me turn into old days ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think you're all misguided.

Who wouldn't want to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to have a device that directly brings "them" into your life, gives "them" direct access to your eyeballs while you're trying to do something (pop ups getting in way).  Heck, some say it might even listen in on you....  if so.... who's on the other end?

Though I have one for work, I smugly keep my (personal use) flip phone, even as everyone around me laughs & points their finger at me.

Though I have to admit, the work phone (I-Phone) can do some amazing things, in the end, I need a phone.

So as others laugh & point their fingers at me, I just smile.  Content with the assurance that my flip phone simply does what I want it to do.  Allow me to make a phone call.

So yeah, they can take a picture of me with their Nikon F-2, it lasts longer!  

• Like 3

Ok, smartphones are bad enough and annoying esp. in public ... but, wait for the antonymous vehicles.  How long will it be before cars are driving themselves and at the same time playing a movie with full BOSE surround sound blasting away with the big screen projector heads up display on the wind screen?  Ugh, it scares the heck out of me!  Yesterday on the CBS radio news, there was a report of a person asleep, full on head down out cold, in a car (doesn't matter the brand) driving itself at a reported 60 mph on a freeway.  WT Heck!  It's gonna get worse before it gets better kids.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Ok, smartphones are bad enough and annoying esp. in public ... but, wait for the antonymous vehicles.

As a bicyclist, I am constantly dodging drivers who are texting, drunk, enraged, or just plain incompetent. From that standpoint, things may actually get better with autonomous vehicles. I sure hope so.

• Like 1

If you don't need a smart phone, don't get one but for business, being able to send and receive e-mail, have multiple navigation choices, use the internet when you're not at a computer a camera, note pad, voice recorder, construction calculator, there's no way I would give all of that up and go back to a flip phone.

On the non business side, video calls with my granddaughter, nieces and nephews, keeping up with friends, great golf apps, are all things I use.  That said, my phone stays in a holder that is in my driving line of site while in the truck and I use a Bluetooth earpiece while driving to make and receive calls, read and reply to text messages, dictate notes and check e-mail and am never distracted in the least, but that's me.   

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Flip phones don't double text.

Some people need to read things multiple times to comprehend, so I'm just trying to help.  LOL

It isn't happening with anyone except you and Jerry, and I send out group texts quite a bit with work.  Odd for sure.

• Haha 1

It could be your settings that are letting all those pop ups and spam through, or the phone maker themselves. We are an Apple family, I have never had a pop up or anything like that on my phone. My computer might if I'm on a site that allows them, like Facebook. Apple goes a long way to keep things secure.

• Like 2