Cornwall II pricing?

Tony T

Looking to see what a fair asking/selling price is for a pair of older Cornwall's? Consecutive #'s beg. with 8638081

Original everything and little rough around the edges but, nothing new veneer won't take care of. Grills are in nice shape.

Thanks for any input.

Not too long ago there was a member on here that posted a spreadsheet of up to date sales prices for used Heritage line speakers.  I meant to print it out but now I can't seem to locate it.  Anyway, it would prove helpful for your question.  Maybe someone else knows where that might be because I'm in the market for some Forte II's.

2 years ago I bought a pair of oiled oak CW II with cane grills and they were a 9/10 for cabinet and 8/10 for grills. Price was $675 from a motivated seller.

I sold them one year later after recapping and putting in Ti diaphragms in the tweeters. I received $1060.

A few months later I bought CW I, black, with rough cabinets about a 4/10 and grills a 2/10 (the grill board was falling apart), but the drivers were all good. I paid $475 for that set.  I have a much delayed refinishing plan.

In my area, Boston, I regularly see Cornwallis listed. Prices go up to $1,500. But, they seem to actually sell in the $800-$1100 range.

• Like 1