Have you seen this? Bassheads rejoice! Monolith M-215 Dual 15" 2000Wrms

314carpenter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 11/8/2019 at 7:10 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm pretty happy with my two spud clones :(

I was happy with my one, I built it years ago because of the price and was really surprised how much bass it made and how deep it went, well after the first few days anyway. :blush2:

I had the plans off the internet and the part showing the connection of the 2 woofers was hand drawn in, the + and minus sign was not perfectly clear for the drivers. I wired it wrong which made the drivers fight each other, I didn't catch it until the next day, I left it rumble all night to see what would happen. :o Nothing happened and as a last resort before bringing it to the burn hole, I opened it up and that's when I noticed what I did looking back at the plans and noticing where the confusion was. It was one of those moments where you just stand there feeling really stupid, but it was working at least.  I kept saying, if this is all it's going to do it's going up in smoke, it just made a low rumble until rewired.