SOLD James Burgess built HF89 Eiclone tube monoblocks! 30wpc Triode or 60wpc Ulra Linear! SOLD!

charlieboy

James Burgess built these monoblock amps using a pair of circuit boards from "diytube" (Shannon Parks). These are based on the Eico HF89 and HF87 with 12AX7 for voltage gain and 12SN7 as phase splitter. Output tubes are Russian "Tungsol" 6550s. KT88s can be directly substituted or EL34s can be used if bias is adjusted for same. He built the wood bases and custom cut/punched the heavy aluminum plates. The plates then were powder coated with a "copper vein" look. The power transformers are "Angela Universal" and the output transformers are custom "clones" of the HF89 items. Both power and output transformer covers have been powder coated "gloss black". James used hexfred rectifiers and Nichicon "for audio" power supply capacitors and added a choke. These have integral hospital grade power cords installed. Currently these amps are connected in triode mode providing around 30 watts per channel and they sound amazing. Very detailed! A full set of all tubes will be included. Local pickup would be great as these are VERY heavy but shipping could be arranged. I have been shipping audio gear and turntables for 15 years and never had a problem but it will not be cheap.

1,500.00 Price is NET TO ME. I am 19 years Paypal verified. I live 30 minutes south of Fresno California and I am willing to drive an hour north or south to help with potential pickup it it helps, or serious buyers can listen to them in my system.

I might consider a possible trade for a really good DAC equal or more than I am asking with cash to make up the difference of course.

IMG_8255.jpg

Snapseedresizecrop.jpeg

1287412-one-pair-eiclone-60-watt-mono-amps.jpg

1287414-one-pair-eiclone-60-watt-mono-amps.jpg

1287415-one-pair-eiclone-60-watt-mono-amps.jpg

• 2 weeks later...