Scooters....Does your City have them?

MyOwn

On 9/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, MyOwn said:

My area a Pilot Project has been rolling....

A 9 year got hit by a metro transit bus...So who paid for it? How'd a 9 year get on one?

Might be fun to go bar hopping on them...

Yep, they're all over Downtown San Antonio, you'll find them around the more Touristy areas near Broadway/The Pearl Brewery/The SA River Walk.  The fun part is watching drunken tourist weaving all over the place trying to find they're way back to the Hotel/Motel.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, Gilbert said:

LMAO..... "I didn't want to drive my car drunk, so I got this scooter instead"......   Priceless!!!!    And she votes too!!

There's a Part II.  Poor Lilly had the right to remain silent but not the ability.

While at the police store doing her Intoxilyzer test she continued to run her mouth and at one point declared "I l f***in' love my job,  I'm a f***in teacher.  I teach first grade!"  She blew a .19 and a .20 as she continued to ask the LEO "why did you arrest me?  "I only had two beers!"

On 9/19/2019 at 7:34 AM, parlophone1 said:

Useful devices if travelling through the city on shorter distances.

As everything else, it depends who uses them. They are quiet, so attention should be paid to pedestrians. Also depending on the traffic in the city, the drivers should be aware of vehicles around them.

My son and I just rode some back to our hotel after going to the pre concert Clapton Fest in Dallas. First time for me. It is way hot and humid for us northwesters here so the ride was awesome. We’re only about 4-5 blocks from the arena so it was a short trip. We  did it mostly for fun because neither of us had ridden them. It helps if you have some prior experience on a skateboard/surfboard etc. It’s like a lot of things... not for everybody. And we’re very conscientious about parking the things, having seen and read the hoopla surrounding them.

• Like 2

My first neighbour produced a couple of electrical scooters and e-bicycles.

Custom made work with high quality components and very expensive. 

But it was more like motorcycle than a bike. Very fast and quiet devices. Definitely not for everyone and requiering some learning curve if one plans to stay alive.

Experience in riding motorcycles is very helpful.

These things pull fast and brake fast with disc brakes.

Very fun when I tried one.

Yes they are here in Nashville with the retards riding them in traffic. Hope they pass a law where no driver is liable when stupid gets hit on the scooter. These people are seriously mental defectives and just as bad as militant bike riders who want the roads car drivers paid for to be protected open access for toys.

I do not know how are thing in the US, but in most European countries lows are getting more strict about these every day.

It is up to authorities how they want to enforce them.

Anyway, what I wrote about was extrem example of electrical scooter.

Guy who bought it knew what he was asking for, a fast 2 wheeler that can drive him through the crowded city streets. And he has the ability to control the power. The electrical motor imported from Japan has the ability to lounch the scooter from 0 - 60 in a matter of few seconds. The person driving it (and paying for it as much as a second-hand car) has the ability to safely dwell around the city.

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

Yes they are here in Nashville with the retards riding them in traffic. Hope they pass a law where no driver is liable when stupid gets hit on the scooter. These people are seriously mental defectives and just as bad as militant bike riders who want the roads car drivers paid for to be protected open access for toys.

Yeah the app ‘suggests’ (the rules) that you can’t ride on sidewalks among other places. But those things don’t have enough presence to stay safe around most drivers. No one here of course. But all the other yayhoos that think they’re the only ones on the road. Consequently, some of those same yayhoos ride these things too. But they are fun.