Over Air TV Antenna Positioning. Whos up to snuff

joessportster

29 minutes ago, billybob said:

That stacking can really work for deep fringe. Popular out west and plain areas. Usually the idea was to double or even triple stack like antennas with combiners. A hobbyist in great Britain had some really cool but expensive examples awhile back...

I know they stack antennas for extra gain, but this one is stacked to make it shorter and to make it stronger. The top one is VHF and FM. Bottom is UHF. Stacking Like antennas give you about 3db of gain. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr clean said:

I know they stack antennas for extra gain, but this one is stacked to make it shorter and to make it stronger. The top one is VHF and FM. Bottom is UHF. Stacking Like antennas give you about 3db of gain. 

You appear to have more than a passive interest in the technical aspects. That is cool... some find the subject rather boring.

Thanks!

Antennacraft makes a good solid antenna. Used Winegard and CM antennas and parts for the most part. Yes, lot of good information to have. Attended a course on HDTV and OTA reception hosted by Dow Electronics of Tampa in

2000 for their dealers. Some really heady stuff to take in. 

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

If you saw the antenna and tower in my yard you would get a chuckle. Ive talked all over the world. Over 15000 miles long path.

Had a friend who erected a tower for his Ham radio. Before he had even mounted the antenna, his neighbors were calling the police to complain that he was interfering with their TV reception. This was in the days before cable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brief update, I got Dans Antenna yesterday, I sat it up temporarily for testing its approx 5 feet off the ground and 3 feet from the house pointed directly at the house and I now have ABC again (The main channel we were trying to get back)  The Yeggi was approx 30 feet in the air, going to swap it out today and put Dans up in the air. Hoping to pick up maybe some more but so far all signs point to it being a much better Antenna

• Like 3

That's awesome it worked out.  I (we) had "cut the cord" back in 2014 in our last house before we sold and built a new one.  I had been using an Antennas Direct Clearstream 4Max and then a 5 with great results with an amplifier and feeding 3 TV's in the house.  It worked great where we were and I think we were about 55 to 60 miles from the towers outside of Little Rock.  We didn't have any trees to worry about there and now, with the new house, we have trees in the way and are sitting right below a ridge line where I may not be able to pick them up.  I had Dish Network installed back in late June just so we had something but I do hate paying for it.  It will cost $20 per month remaining to cancel it but if I can get an antenna to work, I will probably do it.  For whatever dumb reason, I left my last antenna in the attic along with the signal amp.  Should have taken that with me.  In the new house, I really would only have to have local channels in the living room so it would be a lot easier but I do have every room wired with coax just in case.

My downfall is going to be the damn trees and not wanting to put a huge antenna up.  But if I can just pick up a few....I'd be happy.