Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
joessportster

Over Air TV Antenna Positioning. Whos up to snuff

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, mr clean said:

This chart shows how gain affects how wide in degrees a directional antennas pattern is . The higher the gain the more narrow the pattern.

 

antgain.png

Interesting.  Never knew that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, mr clean said:

This chart shows how gain affects how wide in degrees a directional antennas pattern is . The higher the gain the more narrow the pattern.

 

antgain.png

Good example... thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a pic of my OTA antenna, next to my Dish dish. Purchased at my local Radio Shack, when they still existed.  Oh yeah, and a small squadron of World War ll fighter planes, doing a 4th of July fly by. 👍

It is aimed at a mountain top about 45 miles away. 

IMG_0286.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Here is a pic of my OTA antenna, next to my Dish dish. Purchased at my local Radio Shack, when they still existed.  Oh yeah, and a small squadron of World War ll fighter planes, doing a 4th of July fly by. 👍

It is aimed at a mountain top about 45 miles away. 

IMG_0286.jpg

Dang, a squadron...cool

Yes that is the typical Yagi I prefer... cool, thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it was cool.  I posted some of these pics here afterwards.   Here they are performing a strafing run by my house.  The sound of the old prop planes flying by was great.

IMG_0294.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yeah, it was cool.  I posted some of these pics here afterwards.   Here they are performing a strafing run by my house.  The sound of the old prop planes flying by was great.

IMG_0294.jpg

Almost look like Avengers with those radial engines...😁😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please report back the results when you get it, set up, etc. Curious to know your experience.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joessportster said:

I would think it will work well Joe! Like the other guy said let us know what you think. If anyone needs a real long distance antenna these are suppose to be very good.It has vhf also but it can work well for FM.

 

https://www.dennystvantennare.com/hd-stacker-antenna-vhf-uhf-fm-digital-hdtv

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That stacking can really work for deep fringe. Popular out west and plain areas. Usually the idea was to double or even triple stack like antennas with combiners. A hobbyist in great Britain had some really cool but expensive examples awhile back...

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of totallyd7de843da642d7ed51e7a9c6f70f248b.jpg embarrassing myself, I'll post this antenna I made over 10 years ago to experiment with. It's in daily use.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joessportster said:

That antenna is just like the first channel master 4221 model 1. The newer model 2 has a little different screen and is not suppose to be quite as good as the model 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, baron167 said:

At the risk of totallyd7de843da642d7ed51e7a9c6f70f248b.jpg embarrassing myself, I'll post this antenna I made over 10 years ago to experiment with. It's in daily use.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made one of these years ago. it worked very well up in York Pa. but only for indoor use and had to be close to the TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, baron167 said:

At the risk of totally embarrassing myself, I'll post this antenna I made over 10 years ago to experiment with. It's in daily use.

 

I really like the Minion tape.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I made one of these years ago. it worked very well up in York Pa. but only for indoor use and had to be close to the TV

I have boosters on it. It's far from the tv and can be taken outside, but no need to. My plan was to make one roof top many times larger, but I thought better of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I really like the Minion tape.

Part of tweaking it, of course.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...