Klipsch Cornwall II's - Cherry Lacquer - Recapped**SOLD**

MATT0404

Up for sale is a gorgeous pair of Klipsch Cornwall II's in very rare cherry lacquer finish. These are in fully functional condition and sound wonderful. I recapped the crossovers replacing all capacitors with Dayton 1% tolerance precision audio grade caps. All drivers are in perfect working condition. These speakers are ready for many more years of listening. 

There are some nicks around the outside front edge. These can be easily repaired or color matched to make them less obvious. Grills are nearly perfect and both badges are intact.

Price: $1100 **SOLD**
Shipping: Local pick up, or you arrange all transportation 
Trades: Possibly pair of quality SS stereo amps 
Reason for sale: Moving and only taking two bigs sets of speakers

Condition can be seen here (sorry for the corny music overlay):

Hear them here:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, L Carl said:

I've read the term "recapped" often as I've been looking to build out a new system, but I don't really understand what it means (sounds like re-soldering) or what the benefit might be.  Could you define for me?
Thanks,

Old Capacitors dry out and drift out spec. That means your tweeter, mid range etc start playing frequencies they are not supposed to play which degrades the sound quality. Typically, the old ones are cut out and new ones soldered into the network. The Dayton 1% caps are solid caps, nothing exotic but are more than sufficient for normal playback.

Good luck to the OP with the sale, I think the price point is very much fair given the cap refresh and rare finish.