Monster power bar

Alvarop

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 5:31 AM, Alvarop said:

I bought monster AVS 2000- bought it on eBay for 240 plus 50 shipping

I am hopping this can run 6 big amps . I have noises and can hear it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a voltage stabilizer, NOT a power conditioner.   Run 6 big amps?   Do you intend to run them all off a single 15 amp circuit?   At what kind of load?   What kind of noises?   Hum?   Buzz?   Static?  Amps/ Preamp?   Balanced or unbalanced connections?   Wall outlet properly grounded?   

I have installed 2 20 amp circuits.

Unfortunately I do not have balanced inputs. My marantz SR7011 does not plus I didn’t think I would ever go this big when I originally purchased my AMP a year ago .

I have everything installed however still getting some buzz , little noise appears to be coming from my Marantz main app which is filtering through the whole system.

I do have a new electrical panel which was installed in my new home I do believe everything is grounded properly as per electrician.

I was hoping my new AVS 2000s would illuminate the buzz the noise and however it’s not the case.

I upgraded all my cables now little stumped how to proceed. I hope I don’t have an issue with the amp however it is brand new

Today I’m gonna try a process of illumination where I’m going to unplug everything and start plugging in one item at a time until I hear some noise

IMG_0066.JPGIMG_0065.JPG

Now I am really stumped , I went out and rented high end power conditioner from a music store and I still have the same buzz . Did want to spend more money if didn’t need too.

I was advised if the polarity is reversed on my receptacle could cause issues .

I grounded every Amp and both my AVS 2000.

Can buzz can only be heard when volume is at zero . The buzz is coming from every speaker . Don’t matter If I power other amps off still hear it .

This is crazy !

Relax. Noise problems suck and are hard to track down sometimes. If I understand your posts no amount of filtering or power conditioning has helped. This is not a surprise to me. You have a ground loop or common impedance coupling. Or a bad amp or AVR(but I doubt it).

You have done all the normal stuff right? No light dimmers on the same circuits?(At least to start troubleshooting). No cable TV or satellite  hooked up to system(at least while trying to isolate problem).

To scientifically figure out the problem you will need some dummy plugs. These are  connectors that short the center pin to the shield usually through a nominal resistance say 1 k ohm.

• Like 1

Relax. Noise problems suck and are hard to track down sometimes. If I understand your posts no amount of filtering or power conditioning has helped. This is not a surprise to me. You have a ground loop or common impedance coupling. Or a bad amp or AVR(but I doubt it).

You have done all the normal stuff right? No light dimmers on the same circuits?(At least to start troubleshooting). No cable TV or satellite  hooked up to system(at least while trying to isolate problem).

To scientifically figure out the problem you will need some dummy plugs. These are  connectors that short the center pin to the shield usually through a nominal resistance say 1 k ohm.

I have direct dedicated circuits only for my amp - 2 x 20 amp plugs .

Someone did tell me today I may have polarity incorrect on that circuit plugs

Black and white wires reversed.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Get yourself an outlet checker

Yes, an outlet circuit tester is an easy and proper way to check the house wiring.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, Alvarop said:

Today I’m gonna try a process of illumination where I’m going to unplug everything and start plugging in one item at a time until I hear some noise

Did the process of elimination point to the house wiring?

48 minutes ago, Alvarop said:

Right now it’s looking that way. I am checking it out today

The dummy plugs @babadono mentioned are your friend.   Start unplugging things on at a time. Isolate the amps, straight into the wall. If you are still getting ground loop hum, try the ground loop eliminating plugs one at a time. If you lift the ground on an amp and your problem goes away, you have found the source.  I had the same problem in an apartment I lived in prior.   Took about a half hour and patience to solve the problem. Shhh don't tell anyone, but I had to permanently leave one ground elimator plug installed, BOOM, problem solved.   Good luck. I know it can be frustrating.... 

The dummy plugs [mention=46894]babadono[/mention] mentioned are your friend.   Start unplugging things on at a time. Isolate the amps, straight into the wall. If you are still getting ground loop hum, try the ground loop eliminating plugs one at a time. If you lift the ground on an amp and your problem goes away, you have found the source.  I had the same problem in an apartment I lived in prior.   Took about a half hour and patience to solve the problem. Shhh don't tell anyone, but I had to permanently leave one ground elimator plug installed, BOOM, problem solved.   Good luck. I know it can be frustrating.... 

What do you mean lift the ground on the Amp ?

You are connecting the pre outs from a Marantz AVR on unbalanced RCA connectors and going into what? On what kind of connectors? It is a possibility that you just have some bad interconnects also. You need to be very methodical with what you attempt to solve this. Write everything down. And when posting here you need to be explicit on what you're doing or have done. You have an impressive rack of equipment BTW. But with racks of equipment come potential problems such as what you're experiencing.