Klipsch RP-600M (Stand and Amp) Please Help?

ykhattab

Hi Klipschers,

After much deliberation I have decided to purchase the RP-600M. Would love to get your thoughts on two specific questions

1.) I have a sleek wooden TV unit that I intend on resting the two bookshelf speakers which would sit at around 20 inches from the ground. Will my speakers have less performance if I do not invest in a stand and opt for the speakers on TV unit approach?

2.) Would you guys be kind enough to recommend an amplifier that pairs well with these speakers (Budget is around $500)

Thanks,

T

Edited by ykhattab

On 9/15/2019 at 1:55 AM, ykhattab said:

1.) I have a sleek wooden TV unit that I intend on resting the two bookshelf speakers which would sit at around 20 inches from the ground.

I have the RP-600M shown here on 18" VTI stands.  If you go with speaker stands, I recommend 24" tall.

I suggest putting your 600M's on the cab first, see how you like it.  You can then boost them if you want.  Speaker stands are not special.

For perspective my cabinet is 30" tall with a 65" Vizio.  The speakers are just below ear level when seated.

1603001570_VTIspeakerstandcloseup_400.thumb.jpg.7c83a3d3587971174a7d6013e655b7c2.jpg

1140702457_RP-600Mlivingroomseascene_400.thumb.jpg.a098e471533630c61e1e9e9c62275f67.jpg

• Like 1

While I don't guess the center-channel box is getting best use of, I like what I see in terms of height.  I haven't a clue about those speakers, but most speakers project slightly different pictures of the sound above and below straight out.  Inter-channel FM radio noise is ideal for exhibiting the phenomenon, if you're curious.  But I just about recommend you don't, and if the speakers end up high enough that your ears pass through the change, well, once you know what and where it happens you'll notice it happening every time.  It can get intrusive.

I say it's usually best if your ears never get very much lower than the tweeter,  from walking around to slouched listening.  Just a rule of thumb.  I realize it's sometimes unavoidable.  Just sayin'

• 2 months later...

Don't the rp600ms have a 5 degree upward angle like the rp160ms? I purchased some 24" stands, and from 12' I think they are too high...maybe if the 5 degree bases were removed it would be better at 24"?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

On 12/10/2019 at 8:00 AM, Ron E said:

Don't the rp600ms have a 5 degree upward angle like the rp160ms? I purchased some 24" stands, and from 12' I think they are too high...maybe if the 5 degree bases were removed it would be better at 24"?

My 600M's sit flat.  IMO the 24" stands would be just right, but if you had the upper angle of the 160's the 18" stand would be better.

• Like 1

My 600M's sit flat.  IMO the 24" stands would be just right, but if you had the upper angle of the 160's the 18" stand would be better.
That makes sense... I had thought they both had the angled base, and I found 24" isdefa bit to high when the map is over 12' away.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1