Cornerhorn knock off infor

RPAD

1i.

Im looking fo any information on a set of cornerhorn knock offs that I have inherited. I have a certifiable pair of Klipsch Horns so I know that they are knock offs. I would like to pass them on to an enthusiast so I need any information so that I'm able to answer questions.

Thank you

RPAD.....new member

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

IMG_20190915_154331692.jpg

Most likely they are Speakerlab- K Horns, made complete or as kits by Speakerlab in Seattle. The were a fairly close knockoff of the Klipschorn. I have a copy of one of their manuals if that would help you. While they ae somewhat still in business, they no longer produce that model.

And welcome to the forums!

Bruce

You should search the forum for Speakerlab.  There has been plenty of discussion.  There are Speakerlab catalogs on line too.  Google is your friend.

As mentioned above, Speakerlab in Seattle made kits and an assembled version of their SK.  Apparently PWK sued or threatened to sue over trademark issues related to the "SK" use.  His patents on the model had expired.  They stopped making them and IIRC they had another bass horn offered for a short time.

Speakerlab offered plans, drivers, horns, crossevers, and wooden parts.  What they offered in vereer was distinctly different in shape from what you photo shows.  It appears the constructor was mimicking the K-Horn model B.  

Their crossovers varied with one version having variable L pad and another having switches.  What is shown is neither from what I can tell.

Addition by edit:  I have some recall of picture showing the Lpads moved to the face of the tophat where the mid and tweeter are located.  Therefore it can't really be determined just how much of the crossover shown is from Speakerlab.  Further, SL had some instructions where crossover components were stuck to a board using RTV.  All this can look very primitive but I think there is no adverse effect on actual electrical performance.  

The comments about donuts and toilet bowl seals are just the guys being funny.   They are very likely wax dipped inductors.  It really isn't possible to say that they don't work properly in the SL design, such as it is.

WMcD

• Like 1