What to do with Honda Odyssey?

muel

Just a month ago, my wife and I were talking about selling the old 2003 Odyssey but we hadn't done anything with it yet.  Well, we waited too long I guess and now the transmission needs to be replaced.   It isn't worth the cost and effort to us because we really don't need it anymore.   The engine runs like a top and I imagine this fully loaded van at 148k miles could have a lot more miles to go potentially.  Any ideas or interest?   

Kelly Blue Book says 2800 - 4100.  4100 would be top dollar from a dealer and I’d guess it would be closer to 3k+ from an individual.  A used transmission isn’t much less than that.  Body is decent and everything works (even dvd)  except the passenger window.   Considering donating maybe.  

3 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I had a 2001 Dodge Caravan that quit running because the computer crapped out. Plenty of dents all around and the AC didn't work. I scrapped it for $360.00.

Yeah, I' might take that for it... just kind of nostalgic I guess... lot of years of hauling kids in that thing.

Just getting tired of all the unexpected expenses lately but that's how it is sometimes.   Once in a while it all hits at the same time.  All part of the fun!

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Do they deduct for all the plastic weight?

Get a new odyssey,  they look like a hearse.

No, they take the entire car and everything that comes with it. The plastic and seats and such end up as something called scrum? which is used for something else. But you never know about business people's tactics.

JJK

• Like 1

My 03' TL had the same problem. But since there is/was a TSB on it, mine had super low miles AND I had the trans fluid flushed at an ACURA dealer......they gave me a new one...no charge.

They also gave me a 16' TLX to use while the work was being done. This damn thing had everything too. But, quite frankly, I could think of better use of 300+hp and $45k.