Amazon Music HD. A brand new Hi-Res streaming service.

314carpenter

Just released today. Undercutting and directly competing against Tidal and Qobuz.

If you already have Prime, you can save a couple more bucks. I left a couple of links to get you caught up on the news.

These guys can say it better than I can, you can just read what they have to say.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/amazon-music-hd-hi-res-streaming/

90 days free trial if you are new to the service

https://www.amazon.com/music/unlimited/hd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I may have to give this a "trial run trial" and see how it sounds.  I already have Amazon Prime so might as well.  I've used Spotify for a few years now but after listening to some of the "Sleep" music for about a 6 week period at night, my Daily Mixes are all kinds of jacked up and they haven't changed.  Seems like their algorithm is getting stagnant, too.

Just glancing through some of the artists I listen to over a range of genres, most everything is in "HD" and lots of good ones in "Ultra HD".  I look forward to getting home later and seeing if I can quickly rig this up on the new Onkyo "rack" and test out.  By far looks better than Tidal and the other I tried.

Looks like I may be leaving Spotify and gladly paying a few dollars more a month.

Been listening all morning on my iPad/audioquest Dragonfly Red hooked up to my HK430 playing on Khorns. Sounds excellent.

I just wish the amazon music app on my iPhone would cast music to my google chromecast so I can stream wirelessly. Hopefully this becomes an option soon.

• Like 2

So can you download offline playlist? If so this may very well pull me away from Spotify. My internet is terrible so I know there is no way I will be able to stream Ultra HD, however if I can build a playlist of ultra HD tracks to listen to offline then I'm golden.

2 hours ago, Drewg said:

Been listening all morning on my iPad/audioquest Dragonfly Red hooked up to my HK430 playing on Khorns. Sounds excellent.

I just wish the amazon music app on my iPhone would cast music to my google chromecast so I can stream wirelessly. Hopefully this becomes an option soon.

$129

• Like 1

Nope. That part won't work...which is about the only thing I dont like about it.  But, I'm casting from my phone to Chromecast Audio and it sounds damn good. I can tolerate casting and losing the control to desktop for how good this sounds. HD and Ultra HD both sound really, really good.  

Not to mention the Onkyo stack sounds phenomenal on the Belle clones.  I'll be dropping Spotify for this.  So much better than Tidal and Deezer. To me anyway. 

• Like 2

I am, the screenshots above are from the desk top app. :emotion-21:
Thanks. The reason I ask.....

I haven't used Prime music in forever. Been ising Spotify Premium exclusively.

When I opened up Prime music I was surprised to see that I had a few playlists made. The sound quality was horrible. Nowhere did I see where an HD option was offered.

Do you have to sign up for the 90 day trial....and then you'll see the HD option? When I get home later I'll look into it closer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TasDom said:

Listening for about a week now with the 90 day free trial. Sounds damn good so far but the app isn't as user friendly as Spotify

Just to clarify, I haven't installed the app on my phone yet. Both my Spotify Premium and Amazon Music are streaming from the desktop software. I didn't do the phone app as I'd have to stream via Bluetooth which can degrade sound quality. My HTPC is plugged into my OPPO"s USB DAC fwiw.

I'm no longer a Prime member either but the 90 day trial is showing either HD or Ultra HD on selected artist so far. Clicking on the yellow "Ultra HD" icon when playing a song will pull up the track quality, device capability and "currently playing at" information. I did have to go into my computers sound settings and change to a higher rate.

Listening for about a week now with the 90 day free trial. Sounds damn good so far but the app isn't as user friendly as Spotify

image.thumb.png.64ac7cbbf4acbc0262170d345f7bc77d.png
image.thumb.png.845bfb5c0c60fcdea839176de9c7ff3d.png
Man I wish Spotify would just go lossless already for crying out loud. [emoji35]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Thanks. The reason I ask.....

I haven't used Prime music in forever. Been ising Spotify Premium exclusively.

When I opened up Prime music I was surprised to see that I had a few playlists made. The sound quality was horrible. Nowhere did I see where an HD option was offered.

Do you have to sign up for the 90 day trial....and then you'll see the HD option? When I get home later I'll look into it closer.

Same for me.

Yes, you have to sign up for the Amazon HD music trial for everything to show up.  I'm an Amazon prime customer and it wasn't there till I signed up.

I will say that in listening to Amazon HD music last night for a couple of hours, it was very enjoyable in the audible experience.  The only caveat I do have with it, versus Spotify, is that when you "Follow" an artist, you can't go to an Artists list and find everyone, pick one of them, explore their albums, etc.  You have to search for it every single time you want to listen to one.  That part is kind of frustrating versus Spotify where they have that part down well.  What Spotify has gotten worse with is their algorithm for the Daily Playlists and  the songs that repeat over and over and the lists not updating that great; it became more stagnant and boring.  

So, I've got to decide which is more important.  More than anything, it's about the music and the sound.  But, at my age, convenience of being able to see a complete list of artists, albums, etc., is rather handy.  If Spotify would just to better SQ music, all would be well.

• Like 3

On 9/29/2019 at 12:35 AM, TasDom said:

image.thumb.png.64ac7cbbf4acbc0262170d345f7bc77d.png

image.thumb.png.845bfb5c0c60fcdea839176de9c7ff3d.png

I plan on trying this out on my cellphone later this month. Assuming they have an iPhone App?

Wb