Amazon Music HD. A brand new Hi-Res streaming service.

314carpenter

26 minutes ago, SWL said:

Has anybody found if you can transfer playlists from Spotify Premium to Amazon HD?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw someone posted somewhere of an app they used for this. I'll try to find it when I get a few minutes.

I really like it but it would be TONS better IF it would save the Artists you "follow" and you could see them in a list, pick one, look through albums, then choose something.  One other thing is when you DO get to an Artist, all of the albums are arranged by "Popularity" and there's no way to switch it to date, alphabetical, etc.  You're stuck with what THEY think is popular or what's played most.  Some quirks here and there still...

• Like 1

This is the app they used to transfer. I think there is a fee but not sure.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stamp-transfer-music-playlists/id1088699621

"See for yourself by transferring up to 10 songs for free per session between any of the supported services. When you see how well it really works, upgrade your account and move as many songs as you want!

Start to transfer your favorite music lists and playlists between music services now! Transfer your songs wherever you want."

• Like 1

I finally got a chance today to check out some Ultra HD music. So far, I'm impressed with the sound quality. I put together a playlist and most of what I was looking for was there and all but two songs were in Ultra HD (50 songs total).

Gonna do the free trial and see how things go. I may end up keeping both Spotify and Amazon.....use Spotify to find music and use Amazon HD for good quality recordings. Still much less money than what I used to blow on cd's and vinyl.

• Like 1

I'm casting from my phone to Chromecast Audio and it sounds damn good.  

Can you tell me what Chromecast Audio device you're using to do this? I want to cast from my Android.

16 minutes ago, SWL said:

Can you tell me what Chromecast Audio device you're using to do this? I want to cast from my Android.

I've got a pair of those they closed out earlier this year for $15 each that normally retailed for $35. No HDMI...just optical or analog. 

• Like 1

https://www.paradigm.com/en/wireless/pw-link

I was told that this should work to be able to cast my Android phone to. I found out that a local stereo place that I just so happened to have purchased A LOT OF KLIPSCH SPEAKERS from is a dealer. I'm going there tomorrow to check it out. They're gonna actually hook it up and go through the motions to see how it works with me. Very cool.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 6:13 PM, SWL said:

https://www.paradigm.com/en/wireless/pw-link

I was told that this should work to be able to cast my Android phone to. I found out that a local stereo place that I just so happened to have purchased A LOT OF KLIPSCH SPEAKERS from is a dealer. I'm going there tomorrow to check it out. They're gonna actually hook it up and go through the motions to see how it works with me. Very cool.

Looks interesting and has my curios. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Looks interesting and has my curios. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Well I ended up not buying it because it didn't do exactly what I wanted it to do. It does allow you to use your phone as a remote through the PlayFi app....but that's it. You can't use the Amazon Music app to navigate the site like you can with Spotify. Basically, you can use it as a remote with your playlists but that's it......can't look for new/old music, artist info etc.

The guy that was helping me out enlightened me that what I need/want is something like 'Roon'. Unfortunately Amazon music does not have a deal with Roon.....yet. Hopefully it will happen soon.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Nope. That part won't work...which is about the only thing I dont like about it.  But, I'm casting from my phone to Chromecast Audio and it sounds damn good. I can tolerate casting and losing the control to desktop for how good this sounds. HD and Ultra HD both sound really, really good.  

Not to mention the Onkyo stack sounds phenomenal on the Belle clones.  I'll be dropping Spotify for this.  So much better than Tidal and Deezer. To me anyway. 
I've gone in the same direction. Casting from my android to CCA. Yes, it sounds really good. Really good.

I'm currently doing Amazon HD and Spotify Premium. Eventually I'll make a decision on which one to go with but when you think about it, a little over $20 bucks a month for both services is still WAY cheaper than what I was (or would be) spending on cd's and/or vinyl.

3 hours ago, SWL said:

Did I mention that it sounds really good? Ok.....just checking.

Haha.  Why, yes...yes you did.

I'm going to also try it tied in from the desktop app on the pc tied into one my my setups and see how it compares just out of curiosity's sake. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, TasDom said:

There is a 90 day free trial to find out...

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14063680011

Desktop_2_Chart.jpg

The 90 day Free Trial is now just 30 days and they try to sell you immediately. I passed as the bait and switch. First link showed 90 days, second web page when you click on the first; 30 days. Either slovenly or bait and switch. I don't like either approach.

Wb

Wb

• 1 month later...

So has anyone switched back to Spotify from Amazon Music HD yet?  I've pondered it because the UI is just plain awful.  I hate the fact that it doesn't save all of my Artists where I can go to them as a list to peruse their albums, etc.  That's my biggest beef...usability.  Sound is great...I give that an A.  But usability....maybe a D at best.  Hmm.  What to do...

I went back to Spotify for the very same reasons when my free trial expired.

Worked out ok tho as I got 3 months for the price of one when I re-subscribed to Spotify. I'm sure as time goes by that Amazon will fine tune some of the qwerks based on suggestions and complaints.