The Klipsch Audio Community
Don McPhee

Adding extension bass bin cab to La Scala

19 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

In a LaScala, the lower bass is "thinner" sounding  below 100 Hz. with the K43 because the K33 resonates with the air volume as a direct radiator in a tight environment. The LaScala is not a horn below about 104 Hz. Sensitivity ratings of a woofer enclosure interaction has much to do with what frequency you are doing a conversion to spl, looking at impedance, etc., and assigning "efficiency" rating. The K43 has a much bigger magnet and voice coil, and besides, which K33 are you speaking of? CTS, Jensen, EV, Square Magnet Eminence, Round Magnet Eminence? Same goes with the K43. They vary by date.

So I should be crossing over my subs (2x th-spud clones) at 100hz?

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

So I should be crossing over my subs (2x th-spud clones) at 100hz?

It depends.

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

In a LaScala, the lower bass is "thinner" sounding  below 100 Hz. with the K43 because the K33 resonates with the air volume as a direct radiator in a tight environment. The LaScala is not a horn below about 104 Hz. Sensitivity ratings of a woofer enclosure interaction has much to do with what frequency you are doing a conversion to spl, looking at impedance, etc., and assigning "efficiency" rating. The K43 has a much bigger magnet and voice coil, and besides, which K33 are you speaking of? CTS, Jensen, EV, Square Magnet Eminence, Round Magnet Eminence? Same goes with the K43. They vary by date.

Claude,

Both the round K-33Eand square magnet K-33E, but the square magnet K-33E sounds better to me. What can you  tell me about my four EV 15W=K drivers, they are 19050s models with the huge / heavy Alnico magnets.?

Thanks.... Rog