French Press

mr clean

Nope, I refuse to feel bad about it Mike. 

I've been supporting farmers in Colombia since `76, and HI then Jamaica the last couple of decades.

That African stuff I tried it, and maybe there's too much sand or sun there.... yuck, they can keep it!

• Like 1

I have about 8 cofee presses. The best of them all is a double basket filter I bought at Williams Sonoma. The coffee from this is ground coarse and is so so clean. My wife bought me a Breville 750 espresso machine so I don't press as often. I also get whole bean La Colombe delivered every week. I'm not addictied I'm just sure withiout it I'd die.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Nope, I refuse to feel bad about it Mike. 

I've been supporting farmers in Colombia since `76, and HI then Jamaica the last couple of decades.

That African stuff I tried it, and maybe there's too much sand or sun there.... yuck, they can keep it!

Your talking about buds... Not coffee beans !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, The Dude said:
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, mr clean said:

I don't know how big your press

I want to say maybe 18 ounces, but could be wrong, now I want to go check. 

I checked over the weekend and its 32 ounces

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Your talking about buds... Not coffee beans !

B)

Yep both actually, haven't bought any pot since about `89 though. Got my first 12 step white chip after Christmas that year!

Recent beans from the big island aren't as good as they used to be either. They had a scourge of sorts a few years back then the volcano the last couple of years interfere with their plants.

Jamaican Blue Mountain just costs too much, I'd have to eat peanut butter every meal to afford the real mccoy.

When I find a line on a good blend I'll let you guys know, I haven't since Marley went under.

• Thanks 1

I have some real JBM beans waiting for this Christmas! 

I was just in London England this past weekend and at Harrods Knightsbridge, they had JBM Nespresso pods! I’ve never seen that before, but wow they were expensive. They’re still there if anyone is heading over. We bought from the 50% off discount bin only.

• Like 1