The Latest Mac Gear At Cedia

Shiva

WOW - I have the MA252 and it sounds amazing thru my modified Fortes but this 352 looks fantastic with the blue meters and tone controls. the MA252 was about $3500 and this 352 is $6500 so its a lot more $$$ obviously but if I needed more power this could be a winner. It also has HT pass thru which is nice. 

I won't be upgrading but would love the MA352 to be in my system

• Like 2

You have to think out of the box.  That new Mac MI128 could run a set of 3-way Jubs or even my 4-way MCM by itself and a processor.  I have been interested in the sound of Mac's class D.

Right now I am running my 3 way Jubs with a single Mac 8207 (7 channel amp, using 6 of the channels), and a Xilica processor.  Simple and very good.  Prior I had multiple amps which is harder to get right.  Plus the step up to current production Mac equipment is outstanding.

The MI128 is priced much lower than the big Macs.  Could be a nice solution depending on how it sounds.

I think I will start a go fund me page for that MA352😎. I see very few pieces of gear, that check all the boxes for something I would be interested in like that does . I love the built in EQ. People either love or hate Mac gear but personally I think that is sweet! I better start saving. 

One thing to factor into the price according to the sales guy, is that the inner workings of the hybrid tube amp are designed to last 165 years.  So, maybe in about 50 or 60 years or so,  you can flip it and get half your money back.😀

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fido said:

WOW - I have the MA252 and it sounds amazing thru my modified Fortes but this 352 looks fantastic with the blue meters and tone controls. the MA252 was about $3500 and this 352 is $6500 so its a lot more $$$ obviously but if I needed more power this could be a winner. It also has HT pass thru which is nice. 

I won't be upgrading but would love the MA352 to be in my system

Sell me yours for about 500 bucks and go get that new one big dog! I back you on this 1000 percent!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr clean said:

Sell me yours for about 500 bucks and go get that new one big dog! I back you on this 1000 percent!!

my 252 sounds amazing and has plenty of power for my setup so I'm not in the market but if I was the 352 would be at the top of my list. Yes I have been tempted by all tube amps like Primaluna but my TINY Puppy Dog sounds damn  nice

• Like 1