Advice for a center speaker

Tigger

I just started updating my humble home theater system. I will eventually Chang everything out but the change will be done over time. It is located in our family room so it is not a dedicated space. It is not very large and it has some quirkiness. It’s not a classic set up. 

I recently purchased 600Ms for my front L&at channels. I’m thinking of an RP-504C for the center but I have a fear that the 504 might over power the 504. If not the 504C I might go with the 600C. 

What do do you think, is the 504C too much for the the 600Ms?

Thanks for your help. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:43 PM, Tigger said:

I recently purchased 600Ms for my front L&at channels. I’m thinking of an RP-504C for the center but I have a fear that the 504 might over power the 504. If not the 504C I might go with the 600C. 

I own the 600M's.  I tested them as L/R and they make strong mains.  I don't know which center is better, but always get the best sounding center you can afford.

You ask a great question and one I'd like to have the answer to to satisfy my own curiosity.  We tend to think that 4 woofs are better than 2 for a center speaker but I have great MTM center with 7" Usher woofs and they can keep up with just about anything.  I like woofs in the 7-8" range for a center speaker so I tend to like the 600C, but since I haven't heard either the 504C or the 600C I can't answer the question.

I can answer the next question:

What do do you think, is the 504C too much for the the 600Ms?

Since I've run an RC-64 III with the 600M's and the Marantz 6011's Audyssey makes everything great together, "no" I don't think the 504C is too much for the 600M's.  B)

(RF-83's being used as speaker stands for the RP-600M's)

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toy4x said:

I have the 600m's and 504c. They fit great together!

I've heard nothing but praise for the 504C, including your testimony.

What I am curious about is the MTM 600C vs the 504C.  Not many people have the 600C.  Forgetting about "timbre matching" I would like to hear a compare and contrast from someone who has owned both.  Whichever is the "best" (whatever that is) is what people should be assuming it fits into their space.  The 600C will be a little taller.

Thanks for the input.  I forgot about the Audyssey software.  My current system didn’t have software to manage the balancing.  All it does is produce a white sound through the speakers one-by-one.  Then using my ear I can manually balance the audio through trial and error.  I can’t wait to replace the the old Kenwood with a Denon or Marantz.  Thanks for the input.

I've heard nothing but praise for the 504C, including your testimony.

What I am curious about is the MTM 600C vs the 504C.  Not many people have the 600C.  Forgetting about "timbre matching" I would like to hear a compare and contrast from someone who has owned both.  Whichever is the "best" (whatever that is) is what people should be assuming it fits into their space.  The 600C will be a little taller.
I was in this dilemma earlier. If you go to the klipsch thread on avs, theres NOT one bad thing said about the 504. There are members that have had bboth the 600c 500c and the 504c, and do say the 504 is a much better speaker. That was enough for me and I jumped into the 504 unheard... and I love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

@wvu80 where did you get the stands under the TV legs? Those look like a great idea. I have a Martin Logan Theatre I which is a great center channel but very tall, so I built a wooden stand for my TV, which has a central stand on it. I would like something a bit more elegant than my 4 minute garage woodworking special!

17 hours ago, MC39693 said:

@wvu80 where did you get the stands under the TV legs? Those look like a great idea. I have a Martin Logan Theatre I which is a great center channel but very tall, so I built a wooden stand for my TV, which has a central stand on it. I would like something a bit more elegant than my 4 minute garage woodworking special!

Those are bed risers.  Once my kid got out of college they became my TV risers, very stable.  I think I paid ten bucks for four.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=walmart+bed+risers