Schiit Sol

mr clean

This looks perfect for so many people that would rather tinker with audio gear than actually listen to music. I'm sure it will be an awesome value when they get the Beta testing all done and its upgraded to reflect that feedback. 

I love listening to vinyl thru my old school Dual 1229 Automatic.

I don't know about that.

In general I do like vinyl. But I am not so sure how much improvement could the new shiny turntable bring against the properly set-up old machine.

In my beginnings with TTs I had doubts about that. 

That was prior to proper set up of my old Philips 212 automatic with Ortofon 2M red. Forget about the Red.

I had it playing for about a year, always complaining how inner tracks of the LP sounded not so good etc.

And then one day I had enough time to properly set my cartridge. Just took the magnifying glass and take every step easy, no time constraints.

This was crucial.

Now the old Philips plays in such manner that only thing for the listener remains to evaluate the minutia of differencies between more expensive combo or less expensive one.

The key word here would be the whole system, rather than the turntable/cartridge itself.