FS: Faital 2" compression drivers

tubesguy

Thanks to the generosity of a couple of guys on this forum, I've solved my speaker search, and therefore don't need to cannibalize LaScalas, or do something else crazy.

These are the HF20AT, 8 ohm, which have been discontinued, and are new in the box. Meaning totally unused. Perfect for something like Chris's MEH system, or for converting a three-way speaker to two-way.

Asking $350, or make an offer. If you drive to Madison, WI to pick them up, I'll toss in the recommended ebay horns. Thanks for looking - Pat

Edited by tubesguy
specified that they are 8 ohm
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, tubesguy said:

Thanks to the generosity of a couple of guys on this forum, I've solved my speaker search, and therefore don't need to cannibalize LaScalas, or do something else crazy.

These are the HF20AT, 8 ohm, which have been discontinued, and are new in the box. Meaning totally unused. Perfect for something like Chris's MEH system, or for converting a three-way speaker to two-way.

Asking $350, or make an offer. If you drive to Madison, WI to pick them up, I'll toss in the recommended ebay horns. Thanks for looking - Pat

What are the recommended eBay horns?

Mark

Are these just an older version of the HF200's?  I can tell you that these are great drivers if that's the case.  I coupled mine up to inexpensive Goldwood 450's from parts express or I think amazon has them as well, for about $45 per horn and they sound pretty great.  I make that statement also having 510's in my 396's.  GLWTS

9 hours ago, Pete H said:

Are these just an older version of the HF200's?  I can tell you that these are great drivers if that's the case.  I coupled mine up to inexpensive Goldwood 450's from parts express or I think amazon has them as well, for about $45 per horn and they sound pretty great.  I make that statement also having 510's in my 396's.  GLWTS

I'm curious to know as well Pete. Wondering how those would do on top of my two KPT-415-LF's (Quad 15" Bass Units)?

That would turn them into two way instead of the current three way. I'd likely have to retro in new crossover boards designated for 2 way. 

Anyone have a greater knowledge on my approach? Glad to hear any replies supporting the idea. 

Here's what I'm thinking about. Problem is, with Pat's "Faital Drivers", where am I going to find a pair of K-402 bodies? Horns, Horn Lens', whatever. The K-402's without and/or absent of drivers. Been looking online for awhile and so far, it's not looking good.

klipsch KPT-415 with K-402 Horn.jpg

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

I'm curious to know as well Pete. Wondering how those would do on top of my two KPT-415-LF's (Quad 15" Bass Units)?

That would turn them into two way instead of the current three way. I'd likely have to retro in new crossover boards designated for 2 way. 

Anyone have a greater knowledge on my approach? Glad to hear any replies supporting the idea. 

Tony - I can tell you that the HF200 Pete mentions above is a very smooth driver. I installed it in my 942 setup and could have left it that way. If things pan out I will have the same 415 bass cabs as you in a few months. Sending you a PM.

• Like 1