Hearing aid malpractice?

Bosco-d-gama

Spoke with both the audiologist and the distributor. Now the story goes that they removed a membrane over the amps that was placed to aid in waterproofing the device. Per the distributor the membrane was after market, and add-on for active folks. 1st I never asked for any such add-on nor was I advised that it was there. 2ndly the silly thing should’ve operated correctly with or w/o said membrane. Lastly no appliance should get to the end user compromised in its primary function. Basically everyone is pointing fingers at others. BTW I need to correctly identify the hearing aid as being manufactured by Starkey. I have yet to converse with Starkey about the issue.

I’m excited about the new Eustachian tube treatment as well. The manufacturer shows an initial success rate of 99+ percent. How long the treatment works remains unanswered because it is too recent. Seems like I recall values of better than 80% at 12 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes ears, nose and throat doctor's.

. Hope your eyes hold up well.

If anything @Dave1290... could have been a nonmalignant sebaceous sisk...or...on head...😊

My vision has been ‘screwed’ up since birth and is not correctable. Right eye good, left eye bad. It was bad enough to make me 4f for the draft. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

My vision has been ‘screwed’ up since birth and is not correctable. Right eye good, left eye bad. It was bad enough to make me 4f for the draft. 

Sorry to read that about your eyesight... different medical break throughs in all fields may well continue... thanks...

• Like 1

^^^^^^ what he said!  I hope everything works out for you if you have the procedure done.  I was just awestruck sitting there in a big waiting room and seeing this  guy sitting over there reading w/this big lump on his head and a device in the same ear.  I'll see my blaster in Nov and ask what it was.  THEN I'll have the answer finally.  Been wondering for months what it was mainly cause I've never seen anything like it.  Modern tecchnology huh?  Guess I'd be down for it if it worked.  Prolly get a new nickname.  Lumpy???   :)

• Like 1