Sound bar 48

Tugboat

Hello people I'm trying to do the firmware upgrade on this soundbar 48 I also have the rear speakers that go with it I have tried it 5 or 6 times using multiple USB sticks to different laptops and I can not get the buttons to flash when inserting a USB drive is there an error with the firmware or am I doing something wrong thank you

• 2 weeks later...

did you follow the posted instructions? I found that holding the power switch whilst inserting the power plug was kind of like rubbing your stomach while patting your head... it took about 3 or four tries.

3. On your Sound Bar, press the power button to turn the unit on.

4. After it has turned on, unplug the power cable.

5. Plug your USB drive with firmware “app.bin” file into the back of the Sound Bar.

6. Press and hold the power button (on the top of the sound bar) while plugging in the power cable.

7. Continue holding the power button for 5 seconds and then release.

8. Wait for another 10-15 seconds, indicators on the top of the sound bar will light in order: DTS > Dolby > SUR > Dialog > Night

9. After that, all five lights will go off and the bar will restart.

10. Once it turns back on, the source indicator on the top will turn on and front will show 3 volume LEDS. The source LED will be Orange to indicate it is in HDMI mode.

11. Unplug the Sound Bar, remove the USB drive, and plug back in.

12. The update is complete, please follow the below procedure to re-pair the subwoofer

• 3 weeks later...
did you follow the posted instructions? I found that holding the power switch whilst inserting the power plug was kind of like rubbing your stomach while patting your head... it took about 3 or four tries.

3. On your Sound Bar, press the power button to turn the unit on.
4. After it has turned on, unplug the power cable.
5. Plug your USB drive with firmware “app.bin” file into the back of the Sound Bar.
6. Press and hold the power button (on the top of the sound bar) while plugging in the power cable.
7. Continue holding the power button for 5 seconds and then release.
8. Wait for another 10-15 seconds, indicators on the top of the sound bar will light in order: DTS > Dolby > SUR > Dialog > Night
9. After that, all five lights will go off and the bar will restart.
10. Once it turns back on, the source indicator on the top will turn on and front will show 3 volume LEDS. The source LED will be Orange to indicate it is in HDMI mode.
11. Unplug the Sound Bar, remove the USB drive, and plug back in.
12. The update is complete, please follow the below procedure to re-pair the subwoofer
Thanks I will try this. Is there a big difference with the update? Also Would the brand new soundbars allready have the update

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk